cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool percentage with sp01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have requirement is check the spool percentage with sp01,is it possible or not.I knew check with rz20 we can get the spool percentage.But here I don't know how to check spool percentage with sp01.Please help me.

BR,

kk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u please explain a bit what excialty u mean by Spool percentage

In sp01 if u select printer name as * and user name also as * and execute u will get all the spool request number and their status,

at last u can also see

XXX Spool requests displayed

=============================================================

XXX Spool requests without output request

XXX Spool requests being processed

XXX Spool requests completed successfully

XXX Spool requests with errors (may not have been output)

Hope by this info u can calculate Spool %

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We rquired spool numers in percentage wise,we can get through CCMS monitor set.I want to with transaction sp01.Because I dont have permission to access rz20.

BR,

kk

Former Member
0 Kudos

so what i can tell is Like u need the spool % means the number of spools that correctly went or processes.

the spool % should not consider spool which are with status error.

Am i correct????

If that's the case, then by using the procedure and the data i have given above (in previous post), i guess u can calculate the % manually.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

That is not a manual calculation,that is spool numberss and used numbers in system,It will tell system is in green or red It will tell.If it is cross 90% then we have to delete old spools.I thing may you can understand.

BR,

kk

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

The thing you are looking for, is not a delivered as a standard functionality in SP01. however you can do the alert setting in RZ20 with the use of spool number monitor to specify threshold values. This way you can get alert after certain percentage of the spool numbers are allocated. (if you want to know how many numbers has already been used, then you have to calculate manually calculate or write a custom code to do this for you)

Remember, its the number of spools that can exist in the system by default 32000. its determined by SPO_NUM number range interval.

That is why, its recommended to use report RSPO0041 or RSPO1041 on a regular basis to delete spool requests that are no longer required. it will avoid spool overflow error as well as increase the performance related to spool.

Spool reorganization by program RSPO0041

or change the spool retention period as per Note 64333

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis Sahoo ,

Thanks for quick reply.Now I understood that ,through sp01 its not possible .

BR,

kk

Answers (0)