cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mySAP ERP 2007 - HCM features

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our customers is currently on 4.6C. They are planning an upgrade to mySAP ERP 2007 (ramp up customer) in December. They are not very satisfied with the features offered in the HCM module in the current version, but are happy with the HCM features being offered in the mySAP ERP 2007 version.

They do not want to wait till December for these features. Is there any way of getting these features present in mySAP ERP 2007 version into the existing 4.6C version? If yes, what is the possible way? Is it through z-programs?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

Do you have any timelines on GA for mySAP ERP 2007. I have found a presentation (see link below) and it shows that the ram-up for ERP 2007 starts in late 2007 and GA is in early 2008.

Can you please direct me to a place where I can find more information in ERP 2007.

Link to ERP 2007 presentation: http://www.sap.com/community/pub/showdetail.epx?ItemID=5792

Thanks

Salim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salim,

The link you mentioned is not working. Could you please, renew or perhaps you have a presentation

http://www.sap.com/community/pub/showdetail.epx?ItemID=5792

Best regards,

Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suresh and Sharon.

Actually, they are currently interested only in the Travel Management module.Where can I find the new features of this module in mySAP ERP 2007?

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

SAP Travel Management is now part of mySAP ERP Corporate Services. You can find good info <a href="https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/%7Eform/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000597323&">here</a>. Click on the link & follow the menu path mySAP ERP > mySAP ERP in Detail>mySAP ERP Corporate Services> mySAP ERP Corporate Services in Detail>Travel Management

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Suresh. Some functionality could be backported (for example, context sensitive authorizations, which was added in 4.7) but you'd have to pay SAP development to make each change. And SAP development is so busy working on the next release, they don't have time to figure out how to meld it with a 4.6 release. Even if it could be backported, the customer would still have to configure it/test it/etc. It would probably take more time to go this route than to wait for the release!

And some functionality (such as MBOs, Comp, LSO or E- recruiting) would definitely not be available as they are completely rewritten modules or brand new functionality. SAP doesn't have the developers to support that kind of backporting.

Another thought: In the case of LSO, for example, the customer could set up an ALE scenario between a higher release with the functions they need and keep their master data on the 4.6C system. However, that seems like a lot of work for little return. Depending on the scope of what they need from a higher release, they'd probably still be working on the ALE implementation when ERP2007 is available.

Probably the best thing you can do for your customer is review their pain points, see if you can alleviate any of them now (I bet you can - it's amazing how much stuff is implemented incorrectly) and counsel patience.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO.. 46c to my SAP ERP is a pretty long haul.. I don't think it is possible..

Regards,

Suresh Datti