cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activities and Mode priority in SCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone explain in detail about " activities and mode priority " which we find in R/3 T.Code : PDS_MAINT ?

Thanks in advance

Durai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durai,

Sorry for my late reply. You can change the mode priorities in ECC only

if you are using PDS data. You cannot change in APO if you are using

PDS.

You use PDS_MAINT transaction, select the PDS, goto operational

data of the PDS and change the mode priorities.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durai,

In R/3, we maintain operations and activities in the routing.

Based on the different work center, production versions, different modes will

get generated in the PDS data.

Default system uses the mode priority which has very high priority.

Default priority of all modes for a PDS is same. One can manually change

and play around for getting different outputs.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me how to modify mode priorities of a PDS during CIF for a Resource.

I have written my code in BADI '/SAPAPO/CURTO_CREATE' in method CIF_IMPORT using CT_MODES parameter. During CIF, Resource Names are not coming in CT_MODES paramter.

Please suggest any way to modify the mode priorities.

Regards

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal - it would have been better to post this question in a new post. The resource names are usually embedded in the capreq tables. In the mode table you have kapid which can be used to look up resource name in table /sapapo/reskey.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

thanks for answering the questiosn.

We have a tricky scenario. I am able to see all the alternative resources for a operation in APO, with the mode priority as "A" as default. When I go in to PDS_MAINT in R/3, only primary resource is shown. I want to maintain mode priorities for all the resources and they are not visible in R/3 PDS.

Any thoughts.

Cheers,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar question regarding changing the mode priority using PDS_MAINT transaction. Is there any user exit/BADI to list all the alternative resources? I have 5 alternative resources for the operation but can see only one resource for setting mode priority in ECC.

Thanks,

Sampath G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone explain in detail about " activities and mode priority " which we find in R/3 T.Code : PDS_MAINT ?

The transaction is meant to maintained certain planning relevent informations in PDS which is not existing in routing and bill of material.

Alternate sequences in routing are transfered as alternate mode in PDS.

In Order to determine switching over sequence from one mode to another mode during optimisation mode priority is used.

revert if any query.