Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set BR_TRACE

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to set BR_TRACE level=15 in our test server but I don't know the exact procedure to set it.Please inform me the step by step procedure how to set BR_TRACE and from which file I get the trace reasult.

I am awaiting for your reply.

Advance Thanks

Nirmal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NIrmal

BR_TRACE is an environment variable. I assumed your OS is windows.

Right Click on "My Computer"--->"Properties"Click on "Advanced" Tab----->"Enviromnet Variable"

Create a new environmet variable if BR_TRACE is not there.

For unix you need to use export command from the shell. export BR_TRACE=15

Check links below for further info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/df/c7b41e4b72df448c7006821cdccca6/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e7/4fb2a8ee10294dbb23378a23e84e46/content.htm

Hope this will help

Anindya

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Jul 16, 2009 11:48 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kishore_kumar59
Participant
0 Kudos

instead of setting it permanently, you can set BR_TRACE only at the time command execution,

higher the BR trace value mean more the logs it will generate,

Regards

kishore ch

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using AIX 5.3 and Oracle 9.2. I want to know from where I can see the BR_TRACE log.What will be the log storage path.I also want to know by which user I will set the Trace and just setenv will work ro not.The exact procedure to set the BR_TRACE.

Thanks & Regards

Nirmal

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whenever you run a BR* command, it creates a log in /oracleSID/sap**** like sapreorg, sapcheck or saparch.

BR_TRACE will just enabling more logging in the same file.

so, if you run brbackup offline, it will always write in file bxxxxxxx.aff in directory sapbackup. if you activate BR_TRACE it will also write more detailed logging info in the same file.

good luck.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nirmal,

please check sapnote #29321.

BR_TRACE is a environment variable. It depends on the OS and shell how you could set it .. for example

ksh> export BR_TRACE=8
csh> setenv BR_TRACE 8

Regards

Stefan