Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch split line item sequence in deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have activated batch management.

When a delivey is created, it determines the batch based on First expired first out.

Once delivery is created, we select a delivery lines item and can check the batch determined using "Batch split Indicator".

when i click batch split and see details, it shows me a new line item with batch details. The line item has number sequence starting from 900001....(delivery line item starts from 1.... but in batch split tab the item number is 900001....)

Questions:

1. Is this number sequence for batch split lines item 900001.... a standard one ?... can we change this number sequence ?

2. I have a example in which the batch split line item number sequence are not continuous. I meant it starts from 900001...goes till 90020 and jumped 2 numbers and next line started with 900023..

Please let me have your expert thoughts.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think that we can change this Batch split no.ranges from 900001 series...in std..

in delivery processing, the area for item numbers above 900000 is reserved for special items (batch split and packaging material items) and cannot be used for normal delivery items..

If u use this 900000 series for normal delivery items in ItemNoIncrement field, then sytem will thorw error like 'Item number is greater than 89999; item will be deleted'(Try this in ur system in OVLK for ur deliv.doc.type)

Item numbers larger than 900000 are reserved for internally-generated items (batch split items, for example).

I have a example in which the batch split line item number sequence are not continuous. I meant it starts from 900001...goes till 90020 and jumped 2 numbers and next line started with 900023

As u have mentioned, sometimes system can make this sort of no..skippings..even in document no.ranges itself..

Reg

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks JJ..

under what situations does system skip the line item ranges... ?

because we have made developments using this field POSNR in printout to list the delivery lines with this lines item numbers...with this problem the printout comes with lines missing the sequence...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the change log of delivery and found changes made to few line item..

once a change happends, system delete old line item and assign next open sequence number...

Hence there was a missing sequence

thanks.