cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement of exchange rate difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After doing final payment of PO in which Network is used as cost object, i.e. through transaction F-58, and if the PO is of import nature and in different currency, an automatic line item of exchange rate difference occurs. While doing settlement of the Network to roll up its related amount to main project, all amount gets settled while exchange rate difference and liquidity damages does not. Isn't PS tightly integrated with FI in such cases? Any suggestions on how to settle such amount?

Thanks

-Nayab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nayab

I was having the similar issue, but it was when I was doing WBS to WBS settlement an extra line item was getting generated.

For this go to FI-CO real time integrtaion config node in SAP (This is in the variant definition in real-time integration CO->FI

customizing under technical settings. ) and remove the tick for "Do not summarize documents". This happens when there is different Controlling area and transaction currency.

Hope this mt help

Sarang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Entry through FB50 seems to be the right solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You said about automatic creation of new line item for exchange rate difference, What is the Item category for the new line item? to which cost object is this line item account assigned ? For it flow back in to Network, it should be account assigned to Network. If creation of this new line item is achieved thru development, then also update it to account assign the new line item to Network.

When you post the GR for a P.O , GR/IR acct is credited and Inventory acct is debited by the material proce. If it proj spec item and Non stock then cost is recognised as actual cost in project.

Any difference amount occured during MIRO, GR/IR account is debited by same amount as it was credited while MIGO and Difference amount goes to Price Diff account. And vendor is credited by the MIRO amount.

Vendor Credit = Debit GR/IR + Debit Price Diff account.

At period end you can distirbute the cost from Price Diff account to Orgin objects of cost i.e project. Catch here will be to identify how to distribute to each proj from Price Diff account. May be you can think of some common % or use SKF (Statstical Key Figure).

Thanks

Saikishore.Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Saikishore Ganga,

Yes, you're right in the case that we are using cost center in exchange rate difference line item while the whole process was booked agains network. The problem is because we have set automatic line item GL account in OBK9 to automatically derive its cost center. Is there any way that while doing payment of particular invoice that was booked on network and appeared after MIRO, derive the same network object on all automatic line items?

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing is the automatic creation of line item is not customized development but it always get added when there is a difference in currency exchange rate i.e. difference exchange rate of foreign import in Invoice and Payment document. It can be controlled through transaction FBKP.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It must be OKB9 not OBK9. Anyways I think you can try the option of substituion OBBH.

Use Posting Key = 83 as pre-requisite or can use If the G/L account in FI document is equal to G/L defined for exchange rate differences.

And use Exit available there to update acct assign of new line item.

Thanks

Saikishore.Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saikishore,

Thank you for sharing useful information. Yes, the txn is OKB9.

I'll be trying to put substitution rule and update you and others so this thread might be useful to the concerned. Secondly I'm still confused why SAP is not giving standard way to process such transaction for instance you can't change Cost Object at PO level that is derived from PR, made through Project System, it should automatically derive particular cost object. Customization is ofcourse a gift for us to achieve goals :).

Thank you again for your guidance.

Warm Regards,

Nayab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saikishore,

Hope you are doing good. Substitution can work for the simple case but for instance the invoice is of multiple items having many cost elements used with different cost object, the payment program will create single exchange rate difference line item with cummulative amount in all the cost object, thus only one cost object can be used while it should be like different automatic line items should be generated by system to assign relevant cost object.

One solution through research is to maintain single cost center as proposed by you as well, but how can we then settle it to relevant cost object? SAPF181 is the program to do such adjustments, can you please recommend if its feasible solution?

Thanks again

Regards,

Nayab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to get suggestion. Is it right if I charge exchange rate differences to single cost center and at month end, manually posting to settle it to its actual cost object through FB50 (Direct GL Posting)?

Regards,

N