Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Module functionality in Communication Channel

former_member207019
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

What is exactly "Module" in Communication channel. When do we go for Module. Can you give me simple scenario when do we go for this. And I am using SP09 XI3.0 So Do I have an oppertunity to work with "Module" in communication channel. And What is its advantage. Please Help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

-->Generally This Module can be observed in the Communication level.

-->If you select the Module Tab there you can see the Default or standard module provided by SAP and it varies for channel to channel.

-->For Example you consider the FILE ADAPTER under MODULE TAB we have the Default Module CALL SAP ADAPTER,This will performs the Structure conversions and the communication channel specific conversions in the sequential manner provided in the Module Tab.

-->Generally we go for the custom modules when our default and predefined modules does not meet our requirement.

-->For the Custom module we need to create the EJB Module in the NETWEAVER DEVELOPER STUDIO and write the rquired logic and After Deploying in to the PI server and we can use it in our Communication channel.

For example in our requirement we are receivng the Single string(EDI Document) we need to Parse it at '~' and convert into standard EDi Documents and done with validations for that we go for the Custom Module.(Ofcourse if we have any seeberger adapters we can avoid it).

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jyotsna,

Module acts as a special function that is used by an Adapter to provide the additional functionality to the Adapter.

Some predefined Adapter modules are there. We can use those.

Eg: 
      PayloadSwapBean
      StrictXml2PlainBean
      XMLAnonymizerBean
      PayloadZipBean
      TextCodepageConversionBean
      DynamicConfigurationBean

And we can develop our own modules if our requirement is not fullfilled with the exisisting functionalities. we will develop a module as EJB and Deploying it into the sap j2ee server and we will specify the module name in module tab of Communication channel.

For more details...

Refer the Following link for Adapter Module Development.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/8b/895e407aa4c44ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Refer this link For Predefined modules

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/84/2e3842cd38f83ae10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

For Custom Module creation

/people/ganesh.karicharla2/blog/2008/02/20/adapter-module-development-module-configuration

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please make a search for generic Qs on SDN....this will avoid your thread being blocked by the moderator