cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow error - record in checked out not owner status

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all MDM expert! I am on my wit's end here and need some help on this workflow issue. We have created a very simple workflow to test in the SRM-MDM system. It consists of Start (Checkout) -> Process -> Approve -> Stop(Checkin).

Now, I tested in my MDM3 system and it works. When I tested in my client's system, it failed. The workflow runs ok but when we log in as the approver, we can see that the records have the 'check out not owner' icon (doc with a stop sign). I found that I can add the 'Catalog Content Approver' role in the Modify Join Permissions screen (using the Admin id). Then, the icon turns to the normal check out icon. But if I add the user instead of the role, I get error 'Database command execution error. A SQL statement could not execute. The actual error may have been written to a log file'. I also get similar error when I try to process further from the Process to Approve step (after I manually assign the role to the join permission).

We then check the Log data in Console Manager and found message like this 'Failed to ModifyJoinCheckOutRight. [Owner: Admin; Job id: 10000; Checkout Owner: Admin].

At this stage, I believe there is no problem with the authorisation of the approver as I have also tried the same process with the appover having the Admin role.

Have anyone encountered this error before?

Would appreciate any pointers on this.

Thanks!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF

Had client system(SAP MDM) and your system same versions?

Had user roles in client system and user roles in your system same permissions?

Regards

Kanstantsin

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the settings are the same in both system.

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

SF,

I require these information to arrive solution:

• Have you tried adding the Catalog Content Approver USERID to the Join permission list while logged into Data manager with the same ID or Admin?

• Are you using LDAP in this scenario?

thanks,

Alexander.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Yes, I did try to log on as Admin and try to add the Catalog Content Approver USERID (which is Approver1) to the join permission list. When I did that, I get the same 'Database command execution error. A SQL statement could not execute. The actual error may have been written to a log file'. When I checked the log, I see this message 'Failed to ModifyJoinCheckOutRight. Owner: Admin; Job id: 10000; Checkout Owner: Admin.'.

Sorry, can you please elaborate on this 'LDAP' question?

Thanks!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is LDAP enabled in your MDM landscape?

thanks,

Alexander.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I do not believe so but I will get the customer to check.

Thanks!

SF