12Months Rolling object , Need Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a report in WEBI Where I have 3 columns

1)Date

2)Amount

3)12 months rolling amount

Date object I have formatted it in the universe to get the MON-YYYY, So that I can the data by months, And its working correctly.

In the report I am getting data like this.

Date Amount

Jan-2008 5000

Feb-2008 6000

Mar-2008 8700

Apr-2008 5500

I want another column for 12 month rolling amount which show the data from for last one year.

example : Jan-2008 for 12MonthRolling Amount column I should get the total of Jan-2007 to Dec-2007

Feb-2008 for 12MonthRolling Amount column I should get the total of Feb-2007 to Feb-2007

User will be having the prompt to select the Date Between

I have created the Measure for 12 month rolling amount to select the last 12 month total based upon the prompt.

In the select for this object I have

Select

TableName.Amount

Where

@Select(TableName\Date)

BETWEEN DATEADD(month,-11,@prompt('Enter Date (Start):','D','TableName\Date',Mono,Free,Persistent,,User:0) )

AND

@prompt('Enter Date (Start):','D','TableName\Date',Mono,Free,Persistent,,User:1)

I don't Know If I am doing it correct or not. Can anybody please suggest me or show me the correct way to do it.

Please help !

Thanks

Techza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SQL syntax seems to be correct globally correct but it is preferable to manipulate dates rather months and you also forgot to aggregate your measure.

Try something like this:

Select 
SUM(TableName.Amount)
FROM TableName
Where
@Select(TableName\Date) 
BETWEEN (@prompt('Enter Date (Start):','D','TableName\Date',Mono,Free,Persistent,,User:0)  - 365)
AND
@prompt('Enter Date (Start):','D','TableName\Date',Mono,Free,Persistent,,User:1)

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dider,

What about a leap year.

Regards,

Rakesh K

Edited by: BO_Guru on Jul 22, 2009 3:36 PM

Answers (0)