cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when changing a Company Code for a given Cost Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends ,

I'm trying to modify a company code value for a given cost center in KS02 and I get the below error. The error message receommends to change the analysis period ( not sure what it is..) but when I click edit > Analysis period from tool bar I still get the below message , is there way to get over come this issue ?

Thanks in advance ,

Field change Company Code is not possible (transaction data already exists)

Message no. KS134

Diagnosis

To ensure the consistency of existing data, you can only change object Company Code if no transaction data exists in the change period; that is, neither plan data nor actual data has been posted.

As transaction data already exists, it is not possible to change objects in this time period.

Procedure

If you still want to change the object, select a suitable change interval by choosing "Edit -> Analysis period...".

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

cleared own

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to take a look at the following note. It may shed some additional light on your issue.

62716 - KS020 when changing company code, business area

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make the change only when the new analysis periods begins with January 01 of a new Fiscal year. Even if you make a new analysis period but if it is withing the same fiscal year where there are postings, the system would not let you do that.

so created a new analysis period at the beginning of a new year for e.g. January 01, 2010.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vishal . I have 3 cost centers with 2 having validity period ( from 01/01/1950 to 12/31/9999) and third one had 2 records 12/30/2004 to 12/26/2009 and 12/27/2009 to 12/31/9999 ) for the third one it did allow to change the validty period and I could change the comapny code for my profit center . But for first 2 somehow it doesnt allow to change the validity periods. And when I run some reports against these 2 cost centers to see if there is any activity I dont see any data .

Could you please give your ideas ?

Thanks alot .