cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP (R/3) or GATP (APO)??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ATP gurus,

I got question: What are the differences to implement ATP on APO or R/3? I mean the strengths and weakness of each one. If you have documents to complement this topic send me, please.

What is the most used by companies? Why?

Complementing, do you know any SAP book about ATP/GATP?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bruno,

Biggest difference is that APO has more features. APO ATP overview [Here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/04/5e7237412a5249e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm]

ERP (formerly called R/3) ATP is by far the most commonly used. For most companies, it is perfectly adequate for Availability checking. For some companies, they have been using ERP ATP since BEFORE R/3 (in R/2, which is the older version of SAP). Installing APO requires buying licenses, installing servers, and a performing a fairly large implementation task. As long as ERP satisfies their needs, they find no payback in migrating to APO ATP.

Before you go out and buy any books, try some of the SAP online documents. If you Google SAP Availability checking, you will find quite a bit of free downloadable materials. Here is [one|http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/SDBFAC/SDBFAC.pdf], there are plenty more.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49.

It was really helpful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

ATP in R/3 deals majorly with the execution part of availability of a material and its components

Whereas GATP in APO is advanced function which involves availability checking of

components based on various rules, procedures which are very advanced and user friendly.

GATP is mostly used in companies nowadays because of its least complexity and easy

to implement.

Regarding SAP book on ATP/GATP, SCM670 is the authorised material from SAP on

GATP.

Hope all your queries are clarified.

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.