cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius Stacked bar (manual scaling ) seems to have bug!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello team,

Need some help.

I have an excelsius stacked bar chart with 2 series, each displaying some start date and end date of projects.

Eg: series1 shows a list of column values for 'start dates'. ( within excel portion)

Series 2 shows a list of column values for 'end dates' of projects

Now when i display the chart with X axis having two series data, and Y axis labels displaying corresponding project names.

I see the start dates and end dates correct when using 'Auto X axis' scale option ( Behavior - > Scale ), but then the scale value

is too big, i mean it displays dates from mid 19 century to mid 20th century ( where in the date range falls between 2007 - 2022)

So, we decided to go for 'manual scale option' ( Behavior - > Scale ), now the problem starts,

Manual scale option will not display the end dates range correctly, it stretches the bar till the max date value (for all projects)

(which seems to be bug).

The same data which displays correct when in auto scale options will no more display accurate.

I even tried using third series to obscure the second series values, however the 3rd series will not even shows up in manual scale. ( though auto scale is working good for 3rd series as well )

Note: The 'end date' values are calculated using the 'Start dates' with a help of a formula.

Please have a look at this scenario

I can send the xlf file to you.

Appreciate your help.

-Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually figured some thing over here,

When i select smaller values for either series 'i.e' 50, 69, 80, 25 etc it is working good

But when i select bigger values like 2000, 2007, 2008, 2020 etc... it seems to have an issue.

-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it working now,

Stacked bar chart was adding the start dates and end dates for second series and projecting bars accordingly.

Well, i made some calculations in the excel sheet to correct it.

It's working now,

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I was wondering how exactly you got this working? I am having the exact same problem.

Adam