cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User profile for calling web services

Former Member

Hi,

I have developed function modules and created web services from it afterwards. I have tested the services from a SOAP test tool and all is working fine for me.

the problem now is, that it's just working with my user, which has the profiles SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW. Does anybody know which profile is needed to call web services?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends what "authorization profile" you configured while creating webservice, usually it is basic http authentication which means any basic SAP user will be able to access this service.

Another possibility is application specific role, for example if your FM is having authorization check and your user is trying to access this FM using webservice then FM will throw exception.

So while granting role to enduser just grant basic roles and any special role which is required to access particular Funtion Module.

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a similiar issue to the last, where the auth objects S_SRT_CF_C and S_SRT_CF_P are not available in our

ECC 6.0 system. We have downloaded the roles from Oss Note 1318883 (roles below). I can see these objects in the roles on my desktop files, but after uploading them in the system with PFCG, these 2 objects still do not exist. Please provide any information/details to look at or help with this. Thanks,

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN_TEC

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_CONFIGURATOR

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_OBSERVER

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN_BIZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used ST01 to work out why the calls to the SAP web service were failing, then built up the profile needed and added it to the service user that was on the ICF definition. I think I needed S_SERVICE with the GUID of the service (which I found in table USOBHASH after the web service had been tested via WSADMIN) plus S_DEVELOP display (03) on object types WEBI & WEBS. (This was on an ECC5 system.)

Jonathan

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with these roles.

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN_BIZ

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN_TEC

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_SERVICE_USER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answers.

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN is not helping out, and the others are not available in my system.

any other ideas? The profiles SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW are working, but that shouldn't be the best deal.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I know now, that the important authorization object is S_SERVICE. But how can I find out in which role this is included?

former_member386290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you manage to find answer to your problem? I also have authorisation issues and may be your solution can help me too!

I have just created an ABAP Webservive for an RFC. Went into WSADMIN, followed the path GOTO -> ADMINISTRATION SETTINGS; J2EE SERVER = http://122.169.250.58:58800 (how do I make sure this is correct?)

Then I tried to test the Webservice I created by choosing Document Style and it takes me to Internet explorer screen for SAP Netweaver which asks for User ID and Password. When I input same user id and password that I used to log on to SAP GUI, it gives error that *User authentication failed *.

If it is authorisation issue, I already have SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN and SAP_GRC_WEBSERVICE roles assigned to my user id. Do you know what other authorisations (Role and/or Profile) are needed? I am working on ECC6.0 IDES with EHP3, client 800 which has SAP Basis 700.

Also if it helps you to help me, SAP Help mention following regarding authorisations:

To create or consume Web services, you need the authorizations associated with the role SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN. You must add the authorization S_ICF_ADMIN (authorization for the Internet Communication Framework) to your profile. You use the authorization S_SERVICE for starting external services.

While I could find SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN role in my system and is already added to my user id; I, however can not find S_ICF_ADMIN and S_SERVICE in my ECC6.0 system and hence can not add to my user id !!

Any idea why is this happening?

I am working on ECC6.0 IDES with EHP3, client 800 which has SAP Basis 700. Unfortunately Basis team is not knowledgable and helpful!

Thanks in advance.

AP