cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Infoview while refreshing DeskI report with prompts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I tried to refresh a WebI report whose Data Source is Universe, which is having some prompts, the prompt window was displaying the prompt values that were used to run the report earlier. Similarly when I tried to refresh a few DeskI reports whose Data Sources are free hand sql/ Universe -> Customized SQL which were also having prompts, the prompt window is not showing me prompt values (especially prompts with texts) that were used to run the report earlier.

Now my issue is how to display the prompt values that were used in the prompts earlier while refreshing for DeskI (Data Source: Free hand SQl/Universe -> Customized SQL) Reports

Any help is highly aprreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

There are two ways to control whether to display the last chosen values for a prompt -- one way is at the Universe level, the second is on the report under the "Edit Query" when building the filters/prompts. So, you'll have to see if the prompt is part of a filter built at the Universe level and if the "persistent" parameter was applied. If it is not on the Universe level, then it's probably an option that was applied on the report in the Query Filters panel under "Edit Query" mode.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi john,

Thanks for your answer. Can you eloborate the process to be done for the prompts/filters at report level for the reports whose data source is Free Hand Sql .

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh A.

Edited by: Suresh Babu Aluri on Jul 16, 2009 2:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

First off, most folks you talk to will say up front that FHS is not a best practice. I tend to agree, but caveat with when you are in crunch time and need to get a one-off query to work, then FHS may save the day, but should always be followed up with a more formal solution (i.e. try to resolve the need for FHS by modifying the Universe as applicable...)

That said, the best way I've learned to build a prompt in FHS mode is to first construct your query in Edit Query mode as much as possible, to include the Filter panel work and building prompts at that level. Also when building the prompt ensure you investigate the prompt's properties to option things such as the prompt's verbiage, to choose exclusively from a list or permit free-type, to present the last chosen values as the default, etc. Once you're done with building the query via the point and click method, you can then turn to custom SQL and especially observe the way that BO has built the prompt in the where clause. Just copy and paste that prompt into your own custom SQL and voila, you're good to go.

Thanks,

John