Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

calling crystal report from jsp

Hi,

I am new to Crystal reports. I have to develop a web application which calls a report in CE 10 by passing some parameters.

I have tried all possible ways suggested in several forums, and also in the documentation samples for this, but am not able to get what i am expecting.

CE always prompts to enter logon credentials, even though i have passed them (i tried passing them in a url and also, by setting as param). Since, i do not have access to the "enterprise", i am giving my authtype as "secWinAD".

Is it that, i can connect directly to the report only as "secEnterprise" when using

IEnterpriseSession enterpriseSession = CrystalEnterprise.getSessionMgr().logon( logonform.username, logonform.password, logonform.cmsname, logonform.authType);

i am getting the following error :

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$OCAFramework: Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server cmsname

cause:com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$CommunicationError: Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server cmsname

cause:com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: minor code: 0x0 completed: No

detail:Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server cmsname

The exception originally thrown was com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: minor code: 0x0 completed: No

The exception originally thrown was com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$CommunicationError: Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server cmsname

cause:com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: minor code: 0x0 completed: No

The exception originally thrown was com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: minor code: 0x0 completed: No and had the following message: Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server cmsname

The exception originally thrown was com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: minor code: 0x0 completed: No

Please suggest me a work around.

I am able to login using the same credentails through crystal logon, but not programmatically.

Thanks in Advance

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question