cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowed file types for WebDAV publishing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we are using the KM as a repository for training content in an e-learning solution. Authors publish their content using a webDAV interface. Sometimes the webDAV client cannot copy onto the km and that is because some file types are obviously not allowed for storing on the km.

I do not know if that is a km configuration, webDAV configuration or inherent to webDAV. The webDAV spec did not seem to hint that it would prevent any file type by default.

While the allowed file types seem perfectly reasonable for the moment - everything that could not be uploaded was not really inteded for productive use - we would need to make sure we at least know all the file types that are allowed so content provider can stick to such a list. Even better would be a possibility to configure the allowed file types.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Most file types can be stored and accessed in KM, provided there exists a valid mime type in the KM config. A standard set of mime types exist in the default config however you can also add additional mime types, have a look at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/19/14dfeed7b67a4d9b8406b0a56ebe37/frameset.htm

If this doesn't help then what types of files are you unable to access in KM? Or what errors do you get when you try to copy these files?

Regards,

Lorcan.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wrong thread ... aargh.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turns out - it does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorcan.

That was exactly it. I had actually read this help post, but could not find where to change the settings. Seems to me really, like the path is not correct. Anyway, I looked harder after you pointed to it again and someone else found it.

Thank you very much.

Cheers

Michael