cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to resize a datafile: error BR1049W

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm runnning SAP ECC6 on oracle 10g on Solaris 10

I'm trying to resize a datafile using brtools but this is resulting in a error despite the filesystem /oracle (location of all my datafiles) having an extra free space of 100GB.

below is an extract of the error message

BR1049W Not enough free space in /oracle/DEV/sapdata1 for total maximum size of all database files of tablespace PSAPSRB

BR1049W Not enough free space in /oracle/DEV/sapdata1 for total maximum size of all database files of tablespace PSAPSRB

BR0668I Warnings or errors occurred - you can continue to ignore them or go back to repeat the last action

BR0280I BRSPACE time stamp: 2009-07-15 17.49.01

BR0670I Enter 'c[ont]' to continue, 'b[ack]' to go back, 's[top]' to abort:

Edited by: Joseph Andale Telewa on Jul 15, 2009 5:24 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats correct. These are the warnings from BRTOOLS and they are warning you that all the existing and new datafiles were to grow to maximum size then space is not enough. But for now you will see space is available on that partition. You can ignore and add/resize data file for now but keep close eye on that partition. Eventually you might need to relocate the files somewhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot