Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with document dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear friends,

I have a little problem with some document dates

I've created a sales order (tcode: VA01) on 07.05.2009

After creating delivery on 25.06.2009 and doing PGI at the same day, I've created billing invoice (tcode: VF01).

I've noticed in invoice header data the following:

System shows that the invoice was created on 01.07.2009.

But, under "accounting data" tab, the system shows billing date: 26.06.2009

What's going on ? I don't seem to understand !

Regards,

Bahia.

Edited by: Bahia M. on Jul 15, 2009 3:07 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Took the help of an Abaper !

Thank you my friends.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem of document dates annoys me especially for princing conditions.

See, the customer made his order in 07.05.2009. Let's say that the net value of this sales order is 100 EUR.

Normally, the invoice should have the same net value even if it was created weeks later.

But in my case invoice shows different value, let's say : 150 EUR.

This is due to the fact that the condition type PR00 value has changed from month 05 to month 06.

I would like to create the invoice with condition types having the same values as in the sales order. In other words, conditon type date in invoice has to be the same as in the sales order.

I did some searchs in SPOR. In the step : "maintain condition" (princing, SD), under "control data 2" tab, there's a field "princig date". Should I choose "E" Order date (KOMK-AUDAT) ? Is this the only customizing action to do ?

Regards,

Bahia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bahia,

On which date you have created the invoice? If its on 1st July then the system is behaving rightly i guess, As in the Order the billing date will be the GI date.

>maintain condition" (princing, SD), under "control data 2" tab, there's a field "princig date". Should I choose "E" Order date (KOMK-AUDAT) ? Is this the only customizing action to do ?

You are right you have to do the setting. This is in Copy control setting and you can access it by VTFL.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank's dear Raja for your quick answer as always !

Yes, I've created the invoice on 1st July.

You're saying, my friend, that the billing date corresponds to GI date ?

Than why having two different dates in the invoice header data (VF03) ? Creation date 01.07.2009 and billing date 26.06.2009 ? What's the purpose ?

I've checked in VTFL.

I've put value "G" (Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes) in "princing type" field.

I've noticed something else:

In the invoice item detail (VF03), under "price data" tab, system brings 26.06.2009 as "princing date" !

I would like to make the princing date 07.05.2009 (which is the sales order's date).

Is that possible ? How ?

Regards,

Bahia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas please ?

Bahia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bahia,

Did you click the update button in billing --> item -->conditions after changing the copy control?

If not then try it once, i hope it will do.... If not then you have to cancel the documen and re create the invoice.......

The sales order creation date will be by default systems date at the creation of sales order. And so as the prciing date in sales order.

These are for record purposes.

Update the price once, by the method i suggested above,

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've cancelled the invoice and created a new one but the problem remains !

I've created a new sales order, a new delivery and a new invoice but the problem still here.

In the invoice item detail (VF03), under "price data" tab, system brings the delivery date as "princing date" !!

My request is: I would like to make the system brings the sales order's date as the princing date in the invoice.

Thank you so much for your efforts Raja. I appreciate.

Regards,

Bahia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bahia,

> My request is: I would like to make the system brings the sales order's date as the princing date in the invoice.

While maintaining the Sales order type in VOV8 we generally maintain the setting for Pricing date proposal., please check this, i guess this is blank in your case that is why system is proposing Todays date as pricing date Please change it to B.

in Invoice as the pricing in billng is copying from the Sales order date. This control is in copy control.

For this please check these

Goto VTFL,

Select Delvery and sales document type, Click on item right side, Select the correct item category, generaly it will be TAN.

Now there is two things One is pricing source and the other is pricing type.

Make the relevant setting and try to do the cycle again and give us your feedback, i guess it will help.,

Thanks,

Raja