cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports error - The Report Application Server failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the following error on XP Professional system. These reports were built earlier by one of my collegue and am trying to use the app but i stuck up getting the below error. The report gets failed

repPath=Server.MapPath ("./Reports/Umbrellas.rpt");

crReportDocument.Load(repPath); //Fails here

crReportDocument=SetLogonForReport(crReportDocument);

crReportDocument.SetParameterValue ("fromDate",DateTime.Parse (fromdt) );

crReportDocument.SetParameterValue ("toDate", DateTime.Parse (todt) );

I tried in design time attaching to Crystal Reports Viewer object , i get the same error. It looks like something related to Crystal Reports got corrupted in this system.

Please find the stack trace for the error

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80004005): The Report Application Server failed]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +0

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

[Exception: Load report failed.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.NonHTTPCachedReportSource.GetReport(RequestContext context, Boolean bAddToCacheWhenCreated)

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.LocalReportSourceBase.GetPage(PageRequestContext pageReqContext)

CrystalDecisions.Web.ReportAgent. (Boolean o)

CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1488

Environment:

.NET v1.1.4322

Crystal Reports 10.0.0.533

I tried some of the solutions provided by searching web, it does not work. Please help!!!

Appreciate your help on this.

Edited by: KMallik2000 on Jul 15, 2009 4:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

The first thing to do is get on the latest service pack for your version of Crystal Reports.

Service Pack 6 for Crystal Reports 10 is available here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100005985482008E/cr10win_en_sp6.zip

Be sure to reboot your system after installing it.

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Will do and let you know the results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to replicate the same issue on new desktop which has crystal reports 9.1 & 10 installed. I still see crystal reports 9.1 controls when i open VS.net. when i compare both desktop installed softwares, i found that the other desktop has "Crystal Reports 10 .NET runtime installed" which is not there on the new desktop. please advise whether i need to install this software to get ver 10 components installed? Appreciate your help on this. can you also advise the software download location for 10 .net run time installation?

In other words, though crystal reports 10 got installed on this desktop but it is not getting referenced in VS.NET. I am seeing only 9.1 version assemblies are being used. hence my solution is not getting compiled in this desktop. Please advise how to get the version 10 assemblies referenced in the solution

Edited by: KMallik2000 on Jul 20, 2009 4:46 PM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using CR 10 Developer? Pro will not install any CR SDKs.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see crystal reports standard got installed on the desktop

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Standard is even less featured that Pro. You must have CR 10 developer. The distinction of Std, Pro and Dev is removed in CR XI , but in CR 10 the Dev SKU is the only one to install any developer SDKs.

I suspect that an upgrade to CR XI r2 is your best option as CR 10 Developer is no longer available.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply. it looks to me that it is bundle version installed along with VS.NET 2003. i tried to install merge modules using the old key, it does not work. it says key is invalid/expired.

i have a project reports were built on cr 10 and am trying to make it to work. I am not sure whether i have to redesign reports after upgrading to CRXI r2. please advise

is it CRXI r2 free version? do i need to purchase product ? i am not sure whether my manager agrees to purchase the product. I want to get the current application working with the reports built on CR10. please advise

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1st to answer your questions:

is CRXI r2 free version? - no it is not

do i need to purchase product ? - yes

Now, I think what you are saying is as follows:

You have .NET 2003 and the version of CR that bundles with it; CR 9.0

You also have CR 10 Standard where you created some reports.

You want to run the version 10 reports in .NET 2003.

Is the above correct?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You are correct but VS.net is referencing CR v9.1 assemblies so my project is not getting compiled. I get error, i do see that CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc does not exits when i open my solution on this desktop. it is due to version mismatch. I want to reference CR 10 SDK and build the project.

In addition to the above,In current desktop i do see that assemblies referenced from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.1\Managed\

where as original desktop where these reports built uses C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.5\Managed\ .

I do see that 2.5 folder but dont see Managed folder under that in this new desktop where i am trying to build the project.

Edited by: KMallik2000 on Jul 20, 2009 6:46 PM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only references you should need in your project are:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll

CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll

CrystalDecisions.Windows (for win app)

CrystalDecisions.web (for web app)

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource

All should have a version of 9.1.5000

Remove any other CR references.

Now. You will be using CR 9 runtime to run reports created in CR 10 - never a good idea (e.g.; not recommended to run reports with lower version runtime), but it will work in most cases.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can i get runtime 10.0.3300.0 installed on this desktop ?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not. Not unless you can get CR 10 developer somewhere...

Ludek

Answers (0)