Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values in Decimals are not able to view for an upload in SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have come across a weird issue with regards to decimals.

Actually the problem is we have one user who is trying to upload a CSV file and then executing it, after that it suppose to display the values i.e. if a value has to display as 1,23,456.78 but it's showing as 1,23,456.00.That is it evading the values in decimals.

Incidentally this issue is only when we upload with that particular user id and when we do it same file with other id it's working fine. Besides, itu2019s not displaying the values after decimals only for a specific upload .As we have checked the user default settings i.e decimal notation, excel settings and regional settings on the user's desktop as all the settings are in sync.

Even the functional team has confirmed that everything is fine from their end as it's working for other user ids.One more thing is this is not working for all the users from a specific country.

Please advise what could be the root cause.

Regards,

Dheeraj

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the users parameter values exactly the same as another user who can run this successfully?

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Compare the authorization of both the users by using RSUSR050.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

don't know the specific reason for this

but This can't be an auth. issue. As you said your users have the proper decimal notations You should be looking at something interlinked with country-specific or language specific stuff on gui uploads or maybe on excel if data adjustments were done using it.or if there are any country -specific restrictions in your SAP system on the kind of data you are importing.I would say your masterdata guys should be able to help You. I think its better to surf thru for any SAPnotes.

0 Kudos

Hi Keerti,

The Masterdata guys alreayd confirmed that there is no issue from their end as they checked all the settings and it looks to be fine and i tried to search for SAP notes but didn't succeeded.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

yes,user parameters also same .As fas as my concern i don't think it's an authorization issue

Is there anything else which we have to check apart from Defaults,parameters,excel settings,regional settings ?

Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just check su01 -> user id -> Defaults -> Decimal Notaion -> change accordingly

Thx

Mysterious

Edited by: Mysterious on Jul 16, 2009 2:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i said in my previous reply,decimals,parameters,excel settings and reginoal settings on desktop were already been checked and it looks fine.

I want to know is there anything else we have to check or can ask the functional guy to check.

Regards,

Dheeraj