cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman - Incident Management (Service Desk) for whole IT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could we replace our 3rd party ticketing system like Remedy with SAP Solution Manager Incident Management (Service Desk)? Does any one has implemented this ? How user friendly is it ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP has come up with Service Desk XT is to replace tool kind remedy.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use the Solution Manager service desk internally.

As already said, it is based on CRM functionality.

I understood it's quite alot of work to configure everything and to get it working properly.

The interface is not very user friendly in my opinion and the actions and their sequence are not always very clear.

But once you know it and get used to it, it can replace your third party tool like remedy, especially if you only use it for SAP systems.

If you use solution manager to manager to manage and document your SAP system landscape, you have the advantage of the integration with the service desk, so you will have your system details and documentation available in the service desk.

Kind regards,

Dagwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can replace 3rd party tools with sap solution manager. it is very useful and very good tool.

please go through the the link of solution manager

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/13/4807f4fc6f421cb39002c6603d452c/content.htm

Thanks & Regards,

Vidyadhar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe Solution manager service desk is SAP landscape oriented.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/EN/13/4807f4fc6f421cb39002c6603d452c/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

First solution manager is CRM system, you are can implement this for support any products in your organization.

If you use solution manager for non-SAP products, you have to buy license SAP Solution Manager Extended Service Desk