cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating CUA on SSM 3.1 to SSM 7.00

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

We have a completely empty (ie no SSM related customising) SSM 3.1 system running Central User Admin.

We want to move to the latest SSM incl EHP1.

Rather than perform an upgrade (CU & UC conversion required I guess) I think it would be quicker and easier to just perform a new install of 7.

My question is ....can I then simply perform a client copy to use CUA on the new system or am I being too optimistic

Your experience/ knowledge/feedback is greatly appreciated!

Regards

Alan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some experience of CUA migration. All data for users is still available in satellite systems so the best way is to set-up the new solution manager and then configure cua again.

1. disconnect satellite client from current CUA system ( transaction SCUA)

2. connect it to new CUA (again SCUA)

3. transfer all user and company addresses to new cua (transaction SCUG).

4. repeat this for all central managed clients

5. configure where user attributes are maintained (transaction SCUM).

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank !

Can you give a time estimate for each satellite system to be transferred to the new CUA ?

Regards

Alan

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for late answer - but I didn't recieved a notification from sdn.

It should take only minutes for each system if you have set most option to global in old CUA. If not you first have to find out the system with best data quality - because the global user data for CUA is set from the first system. Another problem you have to keep in mind is that all users that allready exists in CUA client will not be overwritten by default (for example SAP* and your own user).

You should update them manually.

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Frank this is very useful.

Cheers

Alan

Answers (0)