cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving emails in SAP Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to receive emails in our SAP system from the exchange server (both lie in the same domain).

We have Exchange 2007...can somebody pelase guide me on the required settings on the exchange/SAP level..

Currently we are able to send emails from the SAP system via SCOT.

Thanks,

Saba.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are having exactly the same réquirement at the moment.

How could you solve the requirement?

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have performed the configuraitons specified in note 455140 , but didnt find any documentation on what exactly has to be configured on the Excahnge server.

The note specifies only the location in MS 2000 exchange server documentation, which is not present.

Also we have MS Exchange server 2003.

Could you please reply with what are the exact configurations you have performed on the Exchange server.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Also we have MS Exchange server 2003.

> Could you please reply with what are the exact configurations you have performed on the Exchange server.

I suggest you consult you Exchange documentation which is normally located on the exchange server. It's important to understand what you configure there, not only following screenshots.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to configure Exchange to forward the mails to the SAP system and make sure, the recipients addresses are correct in SU01.

For information how to configure your Exchange consult Microsoft documentation.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the info...if I have 2 cleints in my SAP system, but wish the emails to go to only 1 client; do I need to set the is* client specific parameters?

Thanks,

Have a nice day,

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check following notes.

SAP Note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP (Here you can do client assignment)

SAP Note 455127 - E-mail (SMTP) in different SAP releases

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

After configuring the required parameters i .e is/SMTP/virt_host_1 = *:25001; describe in above said note... try with adding your SAP system in Exchange SMTP relay. hope this works,

Regards,

Mirza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MIrza,

If I don't specify the is* paarmeter & have 2 clients in my system; by default which client will the mails get delivered to?

Thanks,

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Saba,

the have checked in SICF -> Display SMTP host and the logon data -> it's point towards the Client.

n bye the "Shab-E-Meraj" mubarak.

Regards,

Mirza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

please check with your exchange administrator if is sending the information to the right tcp port (25). If I'm not wrong exchange can only forward mails to port 25. If yes then you have one possible workaround.. disable tcp port 25 at OS Level by disabling sendmail service and then configure the SMTP service in SMICM with port 25.

regards