cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 Switch Step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having trouble with the switch step in pi 7.1. I couldn't fine enough information online.

The problem is how am I going to configure the Condition.

I have two containers. ResultCheck and UserIN. I am sending UserIN and getting a message, ResultCheck. In there is a field called "Result". When the field is "E" it will return an error structure if the field is "S" it will return a success structure.

Now how will I define the step?

Outcome Name

Condition

-something like !(ResultCheck.RESULT:ProcessStep = "E")

-bindings

-namespace prefix is "p1" (by default)

Thanks

Arman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In PI7.1 you first need to create a COndition Variable in the condition editor of the switch step

There will be three columns

In First Column give the condition variable name, say cond_var1

In the second Column give the type, xsd:string

In the third column map this condition variable to the field in the message using XPATH

Once this is done then use this condition variable in the condition editor section.....

So looking at your req your condition editor section should be cond_var1 = "E"

For more information on how to define a condition (or group of conditions) you can take help of the examples that are visible when you open the condition editor for the first time.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

add switch step to your BPM with 2 branches. When you click on the switch step, you will get the properties of each branch. Each branch will have name , description and condition. Click on condition, you will get condition editor. there, right side in the container list, define a new element of the type "ResultCheck.RESULT". then drag it on to the editor box. there you can specify your condtion as ResultCheck.RESULT= "S" or ResultCheck.RESULT="E"

Regards,

Reyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about 7.0? Because in pi 7.1 on the right side of the Condition Editor is Condition Variables and bindings...