cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issues installing NWDS CE EHP1 available on SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed the CE Sneak Preview EHP1 from SDN. i successfully installed the WAS, but i am not able to install the NWDS available with the same. The setup is failing at installing a particular librfc32.msi file.

The same setup worked perfectly at my colleagues desktop. i am not able to figure out what to do. i dont want to reinstall OS of my desktop.

Pls find the error trace below.....

regards,

-Amol Gupta

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Unable to complete action for feature "SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Java EE" due to errors.

Unable to complete action for feature "SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Facades" due to errors.

Execution failed! Commmand: "msiexec.exe /norestart /qb /i librfc32.msi /lvx C:\DOCUME1\amolg.D-153293\Local Settings\Temp\com.sap.netweaver.developerstudio.facades_librfc32.msi_install_standard.log ALLUSERS=2 REBOOT=ReallySuppress". Exit value: "1639". Working directory: "C:\IDE\IDE\eclipse\features\com.sap.netweaver.developerstudio.facades_7.1.0.081107100357". Log file: "C:\DOCUME1\amolg.D-153293\Local Settings\Temp\com.sap.netweaver.developerstudio.facades_librfc32.msi_install_standard.log".

Execution failed! Commmand: "msiexec.exe /norestart /qb /i librfc32.msi /lvx C:\DOCUME1\amolg.D-153293\Local Settings\Temp\com.sap.netweaver.developerstudio.facades_librfc32.msi_install_standard.log ALLUSERS=2 REBOOT=ReallySuppress". Exit value: "1639". Working directory: "C:\IDE\IDE\eclipse\features\com.sap.netweaver.developerstudio.facades_7.1.0.081107100357". Log file: "C:\DOCUME1\amolg.D-153293\Local Settings\Temp\com.sap.netweaver.developerstudio.facades_librfc32.msi_install_standard.log".

Unable to complete action for feature "SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Facades" due to errors.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

refer the following link

Regards

Manohar

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gouri,

i did check the thread you mentioned before posting my Query.

This gentleman did not solve his problem, he simply reinstalled on another system which is also happening in my case (the same setup worked on my colleague's system perfectly).

My dilemma is that i want to make things work on my system and i dont want to get the OS of my system reinstalled.

regards,

-Amol Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem can be with msiexec.exe so go through the following link

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/msiexec/

and scan the purticular file msiexec.exe and that file will let you install the new software..

Regards

Manohar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

As Oliver figured out correctly, there is an issue with the command line arguments ("ERROR_INVALID_COMMAND_LINE 1639") when the Windows Installer (msiexec.exe) is called. By closely looking at your error trace, I could see that the path to your temporary directory ("C:\DOCUME~1\amolg.D-153293\Local Settings\Temp\") contains a whitespace.

You should change that path to one that doesn't contain whitspaces and try again. One possiblity to do this is to add the line

-Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\TEMP\

below the line "-vmargs" in your SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.ini. This should solve the root cause of the problem.

Kind regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot Tobias.

I have added an entry in ini file and it worked.

no need of creating another user / Scanning your registry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot Tobias.

I have added an entry in ini file and it worked.

no need of creating another user / Scanning your registry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Tobias.

your solution solved my problem tooo

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i created a new user with Admin rights on the system (OS level). And the installation happened perfectly.

Former Member
0 Kudos
OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

according to the [Microsoft error codes listing for the Windows Installer|http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368542%28VS.85%29.aspx] the meaning of this error code is:

ERROR_INVALID_COMMAND_LINE 1639 Invalid command line argument. Consult the Windows Installer SDK for detailed command-line help.

I searched our internal problem tracking database and found a similar problem report for the NWDS.

It seems that in that case the problem was an outdated SAP Lib RFC32 version 7.10 in the system, probably from an older NWDS (or SAP GUI) version. The problem could be resolved by removing this manually before installing the new NWDS.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Oliver

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

thanks for the reply. i have tried uninstalling and installing many times but its not working.

Note that the basic Eclipse gets installed, this error comes while installing SAP features and plugins from the local update site.

in the features folder there is this librfc32.msi which is causing trouble. This file gets installed perfectly on double clicking it, individually BUT it fails when setup tries to install it

Oliver, do you have a step by step procedure on how to go about it ??

regards,

-Amol Gupta