cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exchange rate in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

the exchange rate maintained in OB08 is 1 usd = 2 XXX ,but while createting sales order i changed it to 1 usd = 3 XXX

the same value was flown to billing ( 1 usd = 3 XXX ) but when i check my accounting entries and the value of local currency XXX , it has used OB08 values i.e 1 usd = 2 XXX to determine the value in local currency

it should have taken 1 usd = 3 XXX

can any one please suggest why is the sytem taking value from OB08 when the value has been changed

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the exchange rate in the invoice document header under Exchange rate-acc field. Is this the rae maintained in the sales order? If no, then check the exchange rate is maintained in the sales order header under accounting tab Exch.rate-acc.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created sales order with ref to contract no through standard BAPI ,now i am going to create bill with ref to sales order (which i have created through BAPI),while saving the bill it will give me error Update was terminated and in SBWP .i have received mail that contains:

Transaction.. VF01

Update key... 4A98C715DA854584E10000000A08351C

Generated.... 29.08.2009, 16:34:28

Completed.... 29.08.2009, 16:34:29

Error Info... M2 815: Error while determ. loc. crcy: exchange rate type M

After that i have created as sales order without use of BAPI with same contract number ,and after that i have created bill with ref to sales order at that while saving it give me no error

so pls help me out on this

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

when changing exchange rates on the sales order, remember the following:

1. At item level, the echange rate will display the correct amount, but at billing will use the exchange rate based on the services rendered date.

2. Exchange rates can be changed at header level, under the accounting tab. When this is done, that rate overides all other rates and becomes the application rate at billing, irrelevant of the service rendered date, or pricing date

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vipin,

Pls. check in VF02 how go to Environment > Account determination Analysis

Alwo check the Log here in edit option.

This will help you to understand the error....

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The exchange rates are determined using Pricing date in the sales order header. Please check if the pricing date is picked correctly and also verify the exchange rate on this date through transaction OC41.

Let me know for any help

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created sales order with ref to contract no through standard BAPI ,now i am going to create bill with ref to sales order (which i have created through BAPI),while saving the bill it will give me error Update was terminated and in SBWP .i have received mail that contains:

Transaction.. VF01

Update key... 4A98C715DA854584E10000000A08351C

Generated.... 29.08.2009, 16:34:28

Completed.... 29.08.2009, 16:34:29

Error Info... M2 815: Error while determ. loc. crcy: exchange rate type M

After that i have created as sales order without use of BAPI with same contract number ,and after that i have created bill with ref to sales order at that while saving it give me no error

so pls help me out on this