cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability monitoring using CCMSPING..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Iam facing problem in Availability monitoring using CCMSPING. CCMSPING is installed on CEN system which is a SOLUTION MANAGER system with SAP_BASIS - Release 702 and Level - 0002. (SAP EHP 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0)

We have 4 Production systems in the landscape out of which 2 systems are not reporting the data in RZ20 in CEN under 'Availability Monitoring' MTE. I got the below error when I tried to Test ping the connection for the faulty servers in RZ21 in CEN.

Error:

CCMSPING communication error: Cannot access message server

Also I got the below pasted errors from dev_ccmsping from the CCMSPING working directory.

***LOG Q0I=> NiPConnect2: connect (111: Connection refused) [nixxi.cpp 2823]

• ERROR => NiPConnect2: SiPeekPendConn failed for hdl 2 / sock 7

(SI_ECONN_REFUSE/111; I4; ST; 1x.1xx.1x.xx:3600) [nixxi.cpp 2823]

• ERROR => MsIAttachEx: NiBufConnect to /H/xxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx.xxxx.COM/S/sapmsxxx/sapmsxxx failed (rc=NIECONN_REFUSED) [msxxi_mt.c 652]

• ERROR => LgIAttach: MsAttach (rc=NIECONN_REFUSED) [lgxx_mt.c 3980]

***LOG Q0I=> NiPConnect2: connect (111: Connection refused) [nixxi.cpp 2823]

• ERROR => NiPConnect2: SiPeekPendConn failed for hdl 2 / sock 7

(SI_ECONN_REFUSE/111; I4; ST; 1x.1xx.1x.xx:3600) [nixxi.cpp 2823]

• ERROR => MsIAttachEx: NiBufConnect to /H/xxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx.xxxx.COM/S/sapmsxxx/sapmsxxx failed (rc=NIECONN_REFUSED) [msxxi_mt.c 652]

• ERROR => LgIAttach: MsAttach (rc=NIECONN_REFUSED) [lgxx_mt.c 3980]

• ERROR => Error response: 404 - expected: 200 [csmhttp_mt.c 465]

I have checked the /etc/services files as well but no luck. Please help me with suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

System details:

Kernel release: 701

Operating System: Linux 2.6

OP release: 2.6.5-7.282-smp

Database system: ORACLE

Release: 10.2.0.4.0

Machine type: x86_64

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my issue solved after correcting Message server port no.

Cheers!

Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoganand,

I am facing same issue.

Did you get a solution or workaround for this?

Regards,

Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoganand,

seems to me that there are some firewalls between your CEN and the productive systems.

Have a look there.

Kind regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I have checked the SAPROUTTAB entries and found out the below values for the port 3600.

I fell that there is no Firewall in between SOLMAN and the production systems.

Please suggest.

P * * 3600

P * * 3601

P * * 3602

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is your entry in RZ21 in field "name of IP service" ? If it is sapms<SID> have a look at your local services file.

You can try to change that entry into "36<instance>".

Do you use a saprouter between CEN and monitored system? If so, did you maintain the entry in field "router string"?

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Dirk,

I have checked all the ways possible, we have sapms<SID> in the IP service name filed.

Tried with 36<Instance number>, aslo tried with IP address in the host name filed but no luck.

We have 4 PRD systems out of which 2 works and the other 2 is not working. The working systems are 640 systems and the other two systems which is not working are 620 systems.

I have tried updating CCMSPING to the latest patch level as well.

The services file in the CEN system is maintained with correct values.

We have SAPROUTER running in our CEN system, and the entries can be found in my previous post.

We are not using the router to connect because the systems which are working do not have any router string attached to them.

Please let me know if you find any reason for the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

out of the box it is difficult for me to say where the problem is because I do not know your installation.

But it is not a matter of the release of the monitored systems, because CCMSPING can reach R/3 systems from 4.6 on.

So I would advise you to open OSS message because SAP support can have a detailed look at your config.

Regards,

Dirk