Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2 Sender problem with German "Umlaute"

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have an AS2 sender adapter sending orders into my SAP system. My problem is though that it deletes all German "Umlaute" before converting it into XML.

I used to use the "CallBicXIRaBean" to do the Encoding with ISO-8859-1 and it did not work. So now I am using the "CharsetConversion" to do that but it still does not work.

In the Module of the AS2 sender I am using:

1) CharsetConversion

- sourceDest --> MainDocument

- targetDest --> MainDocument

- sourceEnc --> ISO-8859-1

- targetEnc --> ISO-8859-1

2) CallBicXIRaBean

- mappingName --> E2X_ORDERS_UN_D93A

3) localejbs/CallSapAdapter

Does anyone have an idea what I have to change?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally, the Umlaute is part of the default UTF-8 encoding. In the SXMB_MONI transaction the Umlaute may be scrambled, but the receiver should receive the message correct.

Are you sure it is actually deleted and not replaced by a set of characters, like %89 or something?

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Iddo,

Thank you for your answer.

When I expect Umlaute in a message I always use ISO-8859-1 and not UTF-8.

The Umlaute are actually deleted. For example the German "für" looks like this "f". Or "Präferenzsituation" looks like this: "Prerenzsituation". So it kills the Umlaut and the following character.

The sender insists that he sends the messages with Umlaute. Now I activated the AS2 Message Dumping and hopefully will see what the message really looks like. Maybe the Umlaute are already deleted when they get to the AS2 adapter. I hope to find out soon.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which AS2 adapter are you using? I agree with you that most likely the adapter 'does' something to the umlaut.

Edited by: Iddo Rijsdijk on Jul 23, 2009 10:36 AM

I see that you are using Seeburger (BIC mapping)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may be helpful:

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if this thread helps you:

Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

you may want to use the attachment instead of 'MainDocument' to carry your payload to the BIC module. Give it a try.

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was finally able to solve this problem in PI 7.1, not in our former version XI 3.0:

For the FTP sender adapter that actually sends the order message into the SAP system I set the

"Transfer Mode" to "Text" and the "File Encoding" to "ISO-8859-1". There are no modules needed!

Best regards and thanks to everyone,

Peter

Answers (0)