Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

ESS addresses screen customisation?

Hi,

I'm customising ESS address screen, I'm going to add a new UI input element. The value entered in the drop down should get updated in the P0006 table, subtype 03 (communication). The question is if there is a subtype in the infotype, will the webdynpro model automatically reflect those subtypes and it's context when I import them in NWDS? Or do I have to explicitly create a context subtype and then bind it to the view context ui element?

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

See in this scenario you need to enhance the screen structure

The screenstructure we have currently enhanced does represent the data which is available during runtime at the ESS WD Frontend Application. Having the data available at the frontend isn't sufficient at all, so we have to somehow map the data to the backend infotype record datastructure. This is done using the BAdI HRPAD00INFTYUI. This BAdI is part of the New Infotype Framework (NITF) which decouples the UI (User Interface) from the business logic

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/60/d8d8c7576311d189270000e8322f96/frameset.htm

IF_EX_HRPAD00INFTYUI~INPUT_CONVERSION: Converts the data from the frontend to the backend datastructure. If you want to enter data at the frontend and want the data be available at the backend as well, this method has to be implemented.

IF_EX_HRPAD00INFTYUI~OUTPUT_CONVERSION: Converts the data from the backend to the frontend datastructure.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question