cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS addresses screen customisation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm customising ESS address screen, I'm going to add a new UI input element. The value entered in the drop down should get updated in the P0006 table, subtype 03 (communication). The question is if there is a subtype in the infotype, will the webdynpro model automatically reflect those subtypes and it's context when I import them in NWDS? Or do I have to explicitly create a context subtype and then bind it to the view context ui element?

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please reffer following link very usefull.

For : ESS Personal Information UI enhancement without modification

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/ESS%20Personal%20Information%20UI%20enhancement%20with...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the links, I have read them before and they were very helpful.

Now let me explain what exactly, I had to do. In the Address screen of ESS which is IT0006, HR consultant created communication subtype 03 in the backend for storing relationship. I have now imported necessary ESS DCs in my NWDS and looking at the Webdynpro views (detail/review) and trying to customise.

This relationship UI is going to sit next to c/o UI field on the screen. I'm creating a new dropdown UI field for Relationship which is going to have a set to values(key,value pair) which will be retrieved from simple type dictionary object, this is all ok with me.

My question is reading the document https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/ESS%20Personal%20Information%20UI%20enhancement%20with...

Is the new relationship subtype 03 should be added to the HCMT_BSP_PA_DE_R0006 structure? Is Badi change required as said in the document to read and update the subtype? Is this ABAP'ers job to do this changes?

From Webdyn pro customisation point of view, I had to update data type structure to add this new relationship entry and then bind it to the context? Am I correct? How does it get sync'ed with backend structure, if I update the dictionary structure of HCMT_BSP_PA_DE_R0006 by adding new element would this be sufficient?

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See in this scenario you need to enhance the screen structure

The screenstructure we have currently enhanced does represent the data which is available during runtime at the ESS WD Frontend Application. Having the data available at the frontend isn't sufficient at all, so we have to somehow map the data to the backend infotype record datastructure. This is done using the BAdI HRPAD00INFTYUI. This BAdI is part of the New Infotype Framework (NITF) which decouples the UI (User Interface) from the business logic

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/60/d8d8c7576311d189270000e8322f96/frameset.htm

IF_EX_HRPAD00INFTYUI~INPUT_CONVERSION: Converts the data from the frontend to the backend datastructure. If you want to enter data at the frontend and want the data be available at the backend as well, this method has to be implemented.

IF_EX_HRPAD00INFTYUI~OUTPUT_CONVERSION: Converts the data from the backend to the frontend datastructure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek, thanks. How much effort is the Badi customisation and structure change is? Is this something that HR funcational consultant or ABAP'er should be doing Badi change? Hope this is not Portal developer task.

I understand that I have to change the structure, can you please let me know from coding point of view. This new subtype that I'm talking about, does it need to get added to the HRXSS_PER_P0006_DE dictionary structure?

Thanks

Praveen

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>.if I update the dictionary structure of HCMT_BSP_PA_DE_R0006 by adding new element would this be enough?

Yes, from what I understand, a custom field with dropdown values has been added to p0006 in the backend, right? If yes, there is no need to add any code either in the frontend or backned. Simply follow Marcelo Leoni's wiki post verbatim.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is probably some misunderstanding, let me clarify on my question.

The dropdown field is NOT added on the backend P0006. In the backend only a subtype is added for P0006. This subtype comes under communication subtype as 02 or 03. There are currently 3 subtypes(01, 02, 03), one of the subtype is called RELA(could be in 01 or 02 or 03) which is a new subtype, this is the subtype where I should now store the value from frontend UI element(dropdown that I'll be adding).

From the Mark documentation, it's for new infotype which requires changes in structure and BADI, do I require similiar changes for subtype as well? Also Mark's documentation is fully based on without modifing UI but in my case I think I have to add new UI dropdown element and populate with predefined values using data dictionary and then user selected value must be sent to the backend to be stored on the subtype (RELA) of infotype 6.

Hope this clarifies my questions, please advice.

Thanks

Praveen

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry for the mix-up & sorry to Markus Klein too.

You don't need to change any structure but will have to use the conversion classes as already suggested above by Vivek.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh, thanks for the quick reply. OK so the structure and Badi changes has to be done for new subtypes I'm talking about? Which means, once it's available in the strucutre, I assume I follow the Markus doco to make the new subtype elements visible in the frontend using WebDyn pro UI personalisation.

As I posted before, in the frontend it's going to be a dropdown list of relationship key/values, but in the backend we are updated to only simple input field (subtype RELA), is this still OK? I mean the RELA subtype is not like existing country dropdown that is visible in the frontend and backend as dropdown list.

Can you also please let me know who should be making this structure and Badi changes? I don't think portal developer will make this changes.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone. I got very good information from you all and also please refer to this thread for complete solution for my problem

Thanks

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Webdynpro model basically talks about connecting to backend system thru RFC and it doesn't know anything about infotype and subtypes.

you need to write an RFC and pass the selected value from webdynpro to that rfc and write the code to update PA0006

/docs/DOC-8061#15 [original link is broken]

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri