Additional Tab Field Value to check the values with User-IDs in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus,

We have a requirement to maintain Additional field values as

Approver

Informer

responsible person

I could maintain them as Charactiristics (inside a class and give them some values (list of names))

but the list is huge for each of this characteristics, and is not searchable with easy search options or mathcodes,

the requirement is to have the charactesitic values to check with the SAP User ID created in SAP and also to provide the same funtionalities as the USER field in the BasicData tab,

as the user field in the Basic Data Tab gives easy search options to find the relevent user, but i require the same funtionality in Additional data Tab for all the three characteristics.

Approver

Informer

responsible person

for easily and accurately searching the names with match codes.

if it is a development let me know how to build the same, will be pleased if any other altenative is available to do the same.

( placing Table name and field name while defining the Charactesitics?)

please throw some light on the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Priya S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya,

Please excuse the time that has passed since your last post. I found this thread from a search for a solution to the same problem. Were you ever able to solve your problem? I too am running into the CL061 error. I am trying to validate entry of functional location characteristic against the IFLOT table and field TPLNR. I have gotten as far as you did in your posts to this thread. I just would like to know if you ever got farther and found your solution.

Thank you,

Greg Spires

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello priya,

Iam also stuck at the same point.Selecting reviewer /agent from the charectristic value.

How did you resolve this issue? Please let us know the solution.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

try setting Class Type = 017 in the "Restrictions" of CT04 transaction.

Award the points if found helpful.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have done this already but stil i get the same message,

and as mentioned earlier, i think because of this, i could not avail any search funtionality for searching the usernames with diferent attributes or match codes,

any idea how to resolve this warning message,

so that we could get the search attributes in the characteristic field which is highly required, as users cannot scroll all the 1000s of names to get the required name, or remember the user ID and type for easy search, please help me as this is highly required.

Thanks and Regards

Priya S

Edited by: Priya S on Jul 30, 2009 4:52 PM

Edited by: Priya S on Aug 16, 2009 5:27 PM

Edited by: Priya S on Aug 16, 2009 5:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, priya,

1. Please tell whether u want to statuse network of Document like document processing from one person to other.

2. I am realy confusion with ur Requirement.

3. Any how DMS have standard stause networking facility, i think u would use.

4. please input in details.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benaka,

it is not about Status maintenence it is about Additioanl field charactesistics value maintenence,

the requirement is the Values to be entered at the charactesitics field value has to check with the SAP User IDs

and should have search funtionality and give an error if the user does not exists.

Thanks and regards

Priya S

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

There is no need of development. In Charateristics of user, in values tab, click on "Other value check" button. SElect table name and give the table USR02 as primary field is username or BNAME. Whatever is the length of bname field in USR02 table give the length of characteristics that only.

Award the points if found helpful.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puman,

Thanks for your reply, i have already tried this, but the problem is, this solution it is not giving the search funtionality to view the complete details of the particular user, and just provides a list of SAP User IDs,

let me put my detailed requirement, the user wants to see the detailed name of the individual reviewer like his End name, Middle name, department, Role and other details before choosing any User ID,

fortunately this same funtionality is provided in "USER" field in document data tab, the client expects the same details to be displayed at the search funtionality of the additional data fiels.

(Also it is expected and would be great if other details of the selected user like his Designation and department is automatically copied and displayed, next to the field value of the characteristics or below in to a new field.

Thanks and regards,

Priya S

Edited by: Priya S on Jul 24, 2009 4:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

let me share the warning message i got when i used to place the characteristics in the Created DMS class.

i created a characteristics DMS_ Reviewer-A and given the table USR02 and Field Name BNAME, and at values other value check

selected the Table USR02,

when i tried to place the same characteristics in the Class i get this warning message,

Characteristic DMS_REVIEWER-A is not a reference characteristic in class type 017

Message no. CL061

Diagnosis

Characteristic DMS_REVIEWER-A is a reference characteristic with a reference to a table field.

The table to which this reference characteristic refers does not belong to the object types of this class type.

This means that no value can be copied from the table field referred to in classification, search, and reporting functions, because the table is not known in the environment of class type 017.

Procedure

Create a characteristic that refers to the object table for which the class type is defined, and assign the characteristic to the class.

Please explain me how to do this procedure ie.. Create a characteristic that refers to the object table for which the class type is defined, and assign the characteristic to the class.

i hope by doing this my Search funtionality will give me the required results

Thanks and regards

Priya S