cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform: FM read_text formating in tdline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Form Experts, I'm dealing with such a problem:

I have in smartform read_text that returns the table with text lines (Purchase order text) the problem is that I cannot change it into Include cause some time ago somebody implemented a little bit complicated logic (deletes some lines from texts etc)

and my question is that in case the user changes the format of this text within ME23n e.g makes some formating (underline, italic) system while looping at table with text lines does not take into consideration this formating option but even print them on the printout

so the text instead of looking like this

Text: Info PO text

looks on the printout like this (displayin formating letters on printout)

b >Text / > <h>Info PO text </h>

do you know how to manage with this problem without changing textes into Includes?

is there any trick for that?

Thank you in advance

Bogumila

Edited by: Bogumila Wendt-Rybak on Jul 15, 2009 1:20 PM

Edited by: Bogumila Wendt-Rybak on Jul 15, 2009 1:21 PM

Edited by: Bogumila Wendt-Rybak on Jul 15, 2009 1:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Character formats for each of the formatting options in the smartstyle and use the same smart style in the Text that you would be using for showing the text retrieved from ME23N through READ_LINE

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried this solution already but it doest not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

I do think there is no solution for exact your requirements.

I would in your case not accept styling options in your so10 text modules and print every line with an certain paragraph format.

I know it does not help you very much, but i cannot offer you more.

Gr., Frank

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found solution by myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the 'Replace' keyword. Eg. Replace '<h>' with ''(blank...not space)...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/fc/eb3398358411d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, thank you for your answers collegues, but I know how to change the text to Include, and I know how to replace characters the problem is that user go to Editor and want to see his text entered formated. I told that maybe he should not format the text withn Purchase order but they want to do it. It would be not a problem if I could change text to Include text node but the logic is comlpicated and some lines from text are deleted so they must be printed using READ_TEXT.

Best regards Bogulia

Edited by: Bogumila Wendt-Rybak on Jul 16, 2009 7:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogumila,

if problem sovled please close the thread

Gr., Frankl

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a solution using dynamic text in Smartform, I pass the export parameter from read_text FM to dynamic text node.

Parameter passed to dynamic text node must be of type TSFTEXT. That's all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add your text directly into smartform.

right click on window of smartform , select Create > Text

then go to General Attributes and change type to Include text, here you can give your text name object, ID to add the text.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. i dont know about your users, but as long as they dont know what formatting options are declared in the style of your smartform they shall not try to format those texts.

2. IF they format then they HAVE TO use the line editor and not the text_control. The system expects that every character you write in the text_control, should appear as well on the output, so internally Flags and steering characters get converted.

3. i dont see the smallest problem why should not be able to use a text node of type i.

If you are editing the text in forehand, well then save the edited text and porint this one through a text node of type i.