cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formated text (e.g. text with bullet points) as import param to Adobe Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to display a formatted text in Adobe Forms.

I want to have bullet points in it so that lines after a line break are indented.

Is there any possibility to do something like that?

Regards,

Alexander Leister

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If the text display in your intended format is possible to be maintained in standard text in S010. Then we can display the same in Adobeforms, please check one of my early posts

Hope this helps,

Murthy

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe you should send your solution to the SAP guys and they can make it standard for the ordinary people like us:)) Regards, Otto

p.s.: I am interested in your coding as well:))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know about the solution, if these is a code that I can reuse.

I have a similar requirement to display formatted text from BTF editor in Adobe form and we are struggling to achieve it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vivek

0 Kudos

ADS supports a subset of XHTML however SAP offers no standard way of transferring real rich text to ADS via the SFP interface. What they call rich text or xhtml is just the same as text modules in Smart Forms.

We needed rich text in our application and use the Business Text Framework Editor for input of HTML texts. Then this HTML must be converted to XHTML via the built-in HTMLTidy functions. The result is valid XHTML but it uses the wrong tags for ADS. So I wrote an XSLT transformation to change <strong> to <b> and so on.

Now everything would be perfect for ADS except that SAP has not provided any possibility to pass strings to ADS unescaped. Therefore we BASE64 encode the XHTML, pass it to a rich text field and add JavaScript code to the form to decode the content and then load it into the field.

It works with bold, italics, different fonts, sizes and colors.

HTH,

Sebastian

anthony_lizot
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your answer is very interesting for me because I want to send formatted text to my adobe form but I don't find a way to do this.

Can you give me an example to base64 encode text?

And to decode it in javascript too?

Regards,

Anthony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

Today we have same requirement formated text need to be displayed in Adobe...can you please let me know how did you wrote your code to get the formated text into adobe.

Thanks,

Naresh

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If displaying a standard static text as some formatted text is allowed in adobe forms. But by creating text modules and there by using smart styles for that text.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Can you please explan how we can use html tidy functions and xslt in sap crm system to convert HTML coming from BTF editor to XHTML?

Regards.