cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document linkage of pm objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to transfer attached ZPM types documents from one server to new server.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I'm not sure if I understood your issue completly correct but if you want to migrate original files from one Content Server to another then maybe reports RSCMSEX and RSCMSIM could be useful for you. This reports help to migrate whole storage categories from one content server to another. For detailed infomration please see also SAP note 445057.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to chk these reports. can u tell me the tcodes in R/3.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the reports in transaction SE38.

Regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

rishi,

please explain the reqirement in details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to transfer documents which is attached to pm objects like equipments , notification. i have to transfer these attached documents to new server. pls gide.

thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

rishi,

1. here i understood, new server is i guessd Content server.

2. ur data currently in old server, ex SAP DB.

In this case u have to transefer data from old repository to new repository.

also u have opttion move data from one repository to other.

preqisit is i think u establish RFC,

Procedure;

Ensure that no new data is saved to the affected repositories during the relocation procedure.

Use report RSCMSEX to export the repository.

Create a repository of the same name on the target content server and change the Customizing of the repository so that it points to the target content server.

Import the data into the target repository using report RSCMSIM.

Delete the relocated repositories from the source content server.

Note: i dont know if u have specific objects selection, here entire data is to be moved from one to one.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/ae/ba9f3879b9bb42938c5bad14587648/frameset.htm

Benakaraja

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. According to u r suggestions i can transfer document data from one server to another using RFC, ,my data is stored in differnt server/client . Eg. I have two production server ,in both the server, attached documents are stored in IXOS server, my requirement is can i transfer the documents from p1/p2 -ixos server to p3 . & linked them to my objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

A similar requirement as yours has been answered in the below thread. Hope it helps you too.

[;

Regards

Vijay Gajavalli