cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created a status profile to block UD until RR is done. Then i attached it to the inspection type to that profile. In the results recording i record results for the sample size of 5. But when i go to the Usage Decision making screen and try to select the usage decision code " The function you selected cannot be carried out" message appears. why is this? how can i make the usage decision?

Thanks and Regards,

DTD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear DTD

Select the MIC and click on Lock button and the make the status 5. and then do the UD

regards

Gajesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DTD

In the result recording screen you see a status field just before the short text for the inspection field. The status of the MIC should be 5 so that it will allow UD to take place

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

I just checked status shows as 2.

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Thanx alot. Closing the thread.

Regards,

DTD

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DTD

1) I mean status is the result recording status. 5 ( completely processed) .3 (valuatedt etc.

2) Do not stock posting before giving the UD code. You have to first give UD code and then do stock posting

please check this and let me know

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

UD and stock posting sequence does not matter here. The user status will not be automatically updated anytime. You have to set it manually after completing result recording. Then only you can do usage decision.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

User status can be magde automatically as and when you do the transactions provided all setings are in place.

Dear DTD,

Please do the follwoing procedure the same one which I am using and it is working absolutey fine.

1.Create Status INIT : (Intial start)Lowest (1)Highest(10)position(1)Priority(1)

Business transactions are as follows

Cancel inspection - complete : (Forbid)(No Action)

Cancel inspection - short-term : (Forbid)(No Action)

Make usage decision : (Forbid)(No Action)

Record inspection results : Allowed)

Start inv. pstg bef. UsageDec : (Forbid)(No Action)

2. Create Status QFIN :Lowest (2)Highest(20)position(1)Priority(1)

Business transactions are as follows

Close inspection - complete : (Allowed) (set)

Complete insp. - short-term :(Allowed) (set)

Please see with this settings you can also control UD and Stock posting before RR and also updates status from INIT to QFIN after RR automatically(MIC's status should be 5 in RR) .Note that the status changes after selecting UD and presssing enter.

Please do replay in case any clarification.

Reagrds,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I entered exactly the same settings what you have advised. Still the same error is coming when selecting the usage decision code. However i did not check the MIC status because normally when making a usage decision we dont do that. I did not understand what you said about having MIC status 5. (if you meant by status released or being created its released)

Thanks and Regards,

DTD

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TDT

1) Please check whether all your mic has reached status 5

2) I also doubt this has come thing to do with authorisattion also. Please let me know which client (dev/ quality / prd) you are working on

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

1. In the QE01, Inspect column shows 5 and I also Inspected 5 (i hope you meant by STATUS that)

2. I'm working in the Development client and i check with the Basis consultant full authorization is given to me.

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the reason for error is that the user status is not getting updated from INIT to QFIN after selecting UD.

Check the business transaction for QFIN status .

Close inspection -complete (allowed and set)

Complete insp.-short term (allowed and set )

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

apart from those two mentioned i entered:

Start inv. pstg bef. UsageDec (Forbidden and No action)

I followed the guideline in that PDF file.

Regards,

DTD

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DTD

The process mentioned there is correct.

Please check whether when you give UD code does the status of the status profile changes fron INIT to QFIN

Please tell me when are you getting the error.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

In the QA11screen, in the Usage Decision area, i selected the UD code as A (from the list) there this message occurs. when i select the Detailed info button, Influencing System Status area "STIC - Short-term insp. completed" is coming with Green light indicator. In the Influencing User Status area "INIT - RR Not done" is coming with Red light indicator.

Regards,

DTD

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DTD

Have you completely closed the result recording. Is the status of mic is 5.

Please let me know what are the status you have maintained in the profile

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

i follow the steps exactly as in the following link. (INIT and QFIN). If i have done it wrong could you please direct me with thecorrect one according to my scenario.

[ | ]

Thanks and Regards,

DTD