cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Terms in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have been working on DP . Now I need to work on SNP to. But I am newer to SNP.

Can you please expalin the following different terms used in SNP and their significence? ( Taking Example will be better)

1.Distribution Receipt(Planned)

2.Distribution Receipt(Confirmed)

3.Distribution Receipt(TLB Confirmed)

4.Distribution Demand(Planned)

5.Distribution Demand(Confirmed)

6.Distribution Demand(TLB Confirmed)

7.ATD Issuses

8.ATD Receipts.

Thanks,

DAV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets take an example to describe your qns:

Say there are 1DC and 1 plant and 1 product (say A) in your supply network. Now there is a demand of 100 quantity of A at DC, which gets those quantity from plant. You have maintained T-lane from plant to DC. At product location for plant make procurement type 'E' (in house production) and procurement type 'F' at DC. Now when you run your job planning (heuristic/optimizer), You will get 'Distribution Receipt(Planned)' at DC of 100 quantity. and 'Distribution Demand(Planned)' at plant of same quantity. That means demand is flowing from DC to plant. Now when you run deployment (from plant to DC) you will get 'Distribution Receipt(Confirmed)' at DC( if there are enough ATD receipt category available, like stock, confirmed production order..))and 'Distribution Demand(Confirmed)' at plant and after TLB run you will get 'Distribution Receipt(TLB Confirmed)' at DC and 'Distribution Demand(TLB Confirmed)' at plant.

all issue category order type ar mapped as ATD issue, like demand, forecast... and all receipt category order type are mapped as ATD receive category. like production order, sto.....

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Edited by: Satyajit Patra on Jul 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

Thanks for elobrated reply.

So accoding to ur reply, all Distribution Reciepts will reflect @ DC level. and Distribution Demand will refect @ Plant Level. Please correct me , If I am wrong.

1 more confusion, what if there are more than 1 Plant ?

Thanks,

DAV

Former Member
0 Kudos

All distribution receipt wud be at demand location(like DC, customer, plant(if procuring from external source) where demand is fulfilled by some other location. and distributin demand wud be at those supply location (plant, DC(if it is supplying to some other DC, custome...)

If there is more than one plant then you need to maintain T-lane accordingly, i.e, two plant p1 and p2. Now if you maintain T-lane from p1 to DC, then demand is fulfilled by p1 only, if t-lane is there for p2 to DC then PRs(from DC) goes to p2 only. if you maintain both t-lane (p1 toDC, and p2 to DC), then you need to maintain Quota at the t-lanes (like 60% procurement from p1 and 40 % from p2) if you run heuristic, Optimizer will decide source location depending on cost minimization.

Hope this clear to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyajit,

Thanks for the reply.

I still have more doubts..

What are these Categoriges like Purchase Rquisitions, Purchase Rquisitions Ralese, Stock transport orders?

One of my collegue said Distribution Reciept @ DC is Purchase Requisitions, while @ Plant the same is called As Purchase Requisitions Relased... Kindly make it clear to me.....( Mostly Usedcategories and their significence)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your collegue is right(distrbtn demand@plant=pr relesed). And stock transport order(STO) is output of TLB run

Edited by: Satyajit Patra on Jul 15