cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returns sales order w.r.t billing doc user should not be able to reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

with hope i am putting this requirement so that i can get help from expert like you.

SD:

When doing returns sales order w.r.t billing doc, user should not be able to reference the quantity once it is referenced completely.

Example:

We sell an Item of Qty 10 pcs, But the customer returns all the Qty-10 pcs. So, the Billing doc is used as reference to create returns sales order.

Billing doc: Qty 10 Pcs

First Return Order is created w.r.t billing doc that has 10 pcs which is fine meaning all the qty -10 pcs sold is return to our warehouse.

But if the User tries to reference again using the same billing doc, Std SAP displays message there are returns item and credit memos but still allows to reference it, which is wrong and user can abuse the system. ( If we sell 10pc , we can take returns for 10pc only and not allow user to cheat and take qty in excess of what is sold )

We dont want the user to reference the same billing doc again and again

thanks

zara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member839993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zara zubeen khan,

go to VOV7 and select REN item category and enter "B" in Completion rule.Your requirement will be fulfulled. I have just now tried this scenario and it is running perfectly.Do this surely it is 100% working for your requirement.After doing this test it as you were doing it earlier.

regards,

US

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as i was facing the same problem

i had tried the same thing before but it was not working properly, it gives the messsage that xx quantity is been returned already,but then in sales order the complete quantity is displayed,if i try to save it is accepting the complete (standard order quantity) quantity,

ex

standard order(or)-10

1.return(re)-5

2.return(re)-10

interested to know the solution

regard

senya

kkafoury1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zara,

Please kindly check whether the "Checking rule" has been maintained in the

return order type.(it should have a value "B" to restrict excess quantity)

Best regards.