Did you mean: 

System copy Very Slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am running a system copy from PRD to QAS and the environment is as follows:

DB: Oracle 10.2.0.2

ECC 6.0 (Non unicode)

I have started the import but its taking too long time to create the datafile or the phase import ABAP. I can see there is progress but too slow. The import is running for more than 12 hours and the DB size is 302GB. I use SAP tools for system copy

Everything seems to be fine but still no improvement. Is there anything that i should check in particular? Please suggest

Regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Have a look at this guide

It's packed full of some really good tips so your next system copy can be completed much faster

Regards,

Olly

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many parallel process did you use?... normally you can use 1 process per CPU.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Three parallel process running at this moment

Regards,

Anandh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Please refer SAP standerd documents for migration monitor and distribution monitor.

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Still I don't have any clue why the system copy was too slow. Anyhow the system copy is done and the performance of the system is good or at least the customer still is happy with the system

Thanks all for your time / help

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Before you start system copy you ran dbstat in source system. At the time of import donu2019t select dbstat, you can execute dbstat after system build from DB13. Check the in which step you are stuck.

Below few process you use for speed up system copy.

1) Deselect DB statistics at the time of import.

2) You can use migration monitor it will speed up your process.

3) You can use distribution monitor it is very faster process.

4) You can use MM and DM both at a time. Only 3 hour it will take where normal copy takes 30 hours for a big db.

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Awaiz and Suman,

Thanks for your time and reply

I have checked with the Network / System admin and confirmed that their part is fine.

Suman - The import is running now and how i could use the migration monitor? Should i stop and start the import again from first and can you let me know the steps if this can be done during the import is running

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your SAP filesystem on a NFS share ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Awaiz,

Yes the SAP file systems are in NAS

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only problem that i can think of is a slow Network. See if you can configure a gigabit network to speed things up. May be talk to Network guys