Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit management- Check after due date

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Usually my client creates a Sales Order for a party for 1000 units and then as per the requirement they keep on creating Delivery against this Sales Order.

Now their requirement is to check if any open Delivery or Billing is there for more than 3 days the system should not allow to create the Delivery or PGI, even if the user try to create the Delivery with respect to already created sales Order.

For Example :-

Credit Limit of Customer XYZ is 100000 INR, Update group :- 000015, Automatic Check

Sales Order 123 created on 01.07.2009 for Customer XYZ for 1000units and 50000 INR

Created three Deliveries D1, D2 and D3 for total quantity 100 units and 5000 INR on 02.07.2009

Now again on 05.07.2009 the user wants to create another delivery say D4 with respect to Sales Order 123, for 1 unit and value 50 INR, the system should NOT allow the user to create the same, or give a warning and stop doing PGI.

I have tried doing it by maintainig the Oldest open Item for 3 days in OVA8, but unable to achieve the result.

So experts, will you please guide me?

thanks in advance

Amitesh Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amitesh,

OPEN ITEM means the invoices which are posted to FI but no payments received from the customer yet..

OLDEST OPEN ITEMS Check will work as follows.

Say u set Number of days as 3.. against oldest open items.. then the system will behave as follows..

System will check if there are any invoices which are overdue by 3 days..

Overdue values u can check in FD10N/ FD11..

CHECK AGAINST OVERDUE OPEN ITEMS:

say in OVA8 you have the fol. settings against OPEN ITEMS.. Max. Open Item %: 30 and No.of days:3

In this case, the system will check whether the OPEN ITMES(invoices posted to FI not paid yet) which are due more than 3 days and the % of those open items against RECEIVABLES(Customer's Balance) in FD33.. If the % exceeds 30 % them the system will block a sale order..

For your case - you need to prefer user exit.. Standard SAP functionality will not help you as of I know..

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh

Thanks for your response.

as per your meassage I understood that Open Item consider those FI documents which are not cleared.

And DAYS OLDEST ITEM consider only open Billing.

then what is the difference between these two. I would appreciate if someone clarify in a better way.

And if possible also let me know how can I use the User Exit to fulfill my requirement.

Regards

Amitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amitesh,

And DAYS OLDEST ITEM consider only open Billing.

This statement is wrong..

OPEN BILLING DOCUMENT means the invoices to which ACCOUNTING DOC has not been created yet..

You can see that in infostr S067.

OPEN ITEM means invoices to which accounting doc has been created but the payment has not been received from the customer..

Check with ABAPERS and tell them your requirements clearly.. they will do coding..

OPEN ORDER VALUES can be taken from info str S066 and OPEN DELIVERY and OPEN BILLING values can be taken from S067..

In your case you may need to use OPEN ORDER and OPEN DELIVERY values..

Please check with ABAPER, and tell them your requirements too..

Please check the link below - that will give you a clear picture on how the credit management works (using OVA8 settings)..

http://academic.uofs.edu/faculty/gramborw/sap/crm.htm

Thanks,

Venkaetsh.S.P

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Venkatesh

Thanks for your Cooperation.

I wanted one clarification: What is the difference between Open Item and Oldest Open Item??

As you already answered that Open Item means Open FI documents, then what does Oldest Open Item means??

Regards

Amitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amitesh,

OPEN ITEMS is nothing but the value which you will be albe to see in FD33 for a customer..

This will include all the debts though it is over due or not..

Ex:

In OVA8 - against OVA8 - u checked the Oldest item option and set the number of days asa 1.

You created an invoice two days before yesterday; say for that invoice due date is day before yesterday.

Today that invoice will be treated as OVER DUE (OLDEST OPEN ITEMS - over due by 2 day)..

OPEN ITEMS include DEBTS which may be overdue or may not..

have u got it..?

Check the link in the previous comment..

That will give u a good picture ..

(Whether your doubt is clarified...?)

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

Edited by: venkatesh paulraj on Jul 16, 2009 12:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Even i m facing the same problem. I want credit management to be implemented based on oldest open item due . The Due date is calculated based on terms of payment. ( Suppose if the customer has not done the payment within credit period then system should not allow Post Goods Issue.)

For a customer "X" the payment term is 20 days and i created the billing document 01.07.2011 and when i tried to do PGI on 02.07.2011 system is not allowing me to do so. Now, ideally if the payment term is of 30 days then system should stop PGI on 31st day and not on 2nd day.

In OVA8 i have maintained dynamic check, reaction d and status is blocked. I have ticked oldest open item, reaction 'D' and status blocked. I tried by filling the field dayesoldest item with " 30" then system did not trigerred any check.

Pl help on the same.

Regards,

Pallavi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kkafoury1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Please kindly consider that open items means pending finance entries (billing , return , payment....)

related to the customer.

oldest open items will check for the balance for over-due items.

The static credit limit may check only the value of open sales orders and/or open deliveries

but not aging.

Thank you.

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khaled

thanks for your response.

I am using Dynamic Credit Check.

Regards

Amitesh