cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select a location to which a plant has been assigned...

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am testing function module "BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL"....

it gives me this result -> "Select a location to which a plant has been assigned"...

Is this due to my use of CATALOG ID or CATEGORY ID? I remarked or not remark it... this error still comes out....

Can anyone share this out with me?

Thanks,

William Wilstroth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Willams

please refer to note:Note 538605 - Shopping cart: Determine company code/plant/storage location

also included in note:Note 573661: Create shopping cart via BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL

hope this helps

Arshad

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arshad,

The OSS notes you provided, it has been implemented. I am currently using SRM 500. So it has been implemented. Is there any other explanation as to why the error still keep popping "Select a location... "

Very much appreciated!

Thanks,

William Wilstroth

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William

this FM used

BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL

when our Purchase requests are coming to srm and it invoked to create a external requirement(sc).

so our Purchase request brings plant info to rreate a shopping cart in srm w.r.t pr. did you supply plant as input ?.

br

muthu

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

If i need to supply plant as input then which will be the field in this BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL?

Because... i check the field... there's no input field stating as "PLANT" or WERKS...

Hmmm... might it be in another name?

Thanks Muthu...

This is really mind boggling...

Has it to do with PARTNERS for LOCATION? I saw this in most of my SC in BBP_PD tcode...

Hmmm....

Thanks,

William Wilstroth.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello William

Did you bring plant into SRM from ECC by bbplocation report ?. since it is one of the prerequests in Plan driven scenario?

check all prerequest

entry channel , rfc user etc.

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi muthu,

Thanks again for your suggestion. On your suggestion, i need to refer to the functional to double check what you had just written in your suggestion....

However, is the function module "BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL" really for creating SC... I am beginning to wonder if its just for creating SC with catalog only...

I just realized that creating SC may not be as simple as it seems... like for example, create SC with free text or create SC with catalogs...

That's what brings me to think that BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL can only create SC with catalog.

I really wish SAP has more guides on this!

Thanks,

William Wilstroth

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Business Rules.

Need to identify the necessary settings in SRM as well as R/3.

Identify the product category which is going to use in Sourcing Cockpit.

REQREQ Transfer jobs needs to be scheduled to transfer Purchase request to Sourcing cockpit.

The Purchase request needs to setup profile in the EBAN table.

Table Maintenance V_T

You can use table EPRTRANS to check requirements, that are transferred to the purchase order work list or to the sourcing application.

u2022 You have periodically scheduled job BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER to transfer

requirements from the backend system to Enterprise Buyer.

RFC communication needs to be set up for communicating between r/3 and EBP and this RFC user must be assigned to your entry channel in EBP.

Define profile V_T160PR .this specifies the target system as EBP and where External Procurement coverage request is needs to be transferred.

You have specified combinations of product category and purchasing group to identify which purchase requisition will belong to which profile.

Requirements that are to be procured externally (that is, not by the execution system) are identified using two attributes: Purchasing group and material group .

You have defined the combinations of purchasing group and material group that are to be procured via Enterprise Buyer in the maintenance view V_T160EX. Furthermore,

you have entered the profile name (specified in the previous step ) which defines the target system for each combination.

See path in the Plug-In IMG: Integration with other mySAP.com Components u2192 Supplier Relationship Management u2192 Plan-driven Procurement u2192 Control External Procurement.

(Optional setting) If you need more flexible criteria to determine which profile the system is to use for which purchase requisition, you have set up the customer exit BBPK0001.

EBP Settingsu00A7 Replicated material groups, material types as product categories, materials as products, and vendors to the Enterprise Buyer system.

Defined the execution (external) system as a backend system. IMG path: Supplier

Relationship Management u2192 SRM Server 􀃆 Technical Basic Settings 􀃆 Define Backend Systems.

Defined that the product categories of external requirements are transferred to the application Sourcing. (You can specify whether requirements with these product categories are always transferred to the Sourcing application, are only transferred when a source of supply has not yet been assigned, or are never transferred to the Sourcing application). IMG path: Supplier Relationship Management u2192 SRM Server 􀃆 Sourcing 􀃆 Define Sourcing for Product Categories.

We need to pull the plant from r/3 system and mapped in extended attributes.

Settings for the Organizational Structure in the Enterprise Buyer System

You have defined an entry channel for the execution (external) system in the organizational plan. Via the entry channel the Enterprise Buyer system receives the external requirements. This entry channel must have at least one remote user. The entry channel must be maintained below the company level.

You have created an SAP Enterprise Buyer remote user that is linked to the organizational unit for the entry channel.

The user must be an Enterprise Buyer (BBP) user, that is, a user with business partner and central person. A standard R/3 user is not sufficient. You should not assign a particular role to the user but should assign a profile, in the transaction PFCG, that allows the user to log on to the system via RFC.

You must have defined a local purchasing group as responsible for this entry channel. You do this by entering the organizational unit of the entry channel (purchasing group responsible) on the tab card Function of the purchasing group.

You have defined the attribute DP_PROC_TY for this purchasing group.

You have defined the following attributes for the purchasing organization of the responsible purchasing group:

BUK (company code in the execution (external) system). The value should be defined as <logical system of the execution system>/<company code>, for example, QW8CLNT250/1000.

BSA (document type in the execution (external) system). The value should be defined as <logical system of the execution system>/<document type>, for example, A3CCLNT300/ECQ3.

You have defined the attribute CUR (local currency) at the entry channel.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/EN/38/39d03bcf36d137e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

br

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Business Rules.

Need to identify the necessary settings in SRM as well as R/3.

Identify the product category which is going to use in Sourcing Cockpit.

REQREQ Transfer jobs needs to be scheduled to transfer Purchase request to Sourcing cockpit.

The Purchase request needs to setup profile in the EBAN table.

Table Maintenance V_T

You can use table EPRTRANS to check requirements, that are transferred to the purchase order work list or to the sourcing application.

u2022 You have periodically scheduled job BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER to transfer

requirements from the backend system to Enterprise Buyer.

RFC communication needs to be set up for communicating between r/3 and EBP and this RFC user must be assigned to your entry channel in EBP.

Define profile V_T160PR .this specifies the target system as EBP and where External Procurement coverage request is needs to be transferred.

You have specified combinations of product category and purchasing group to identify which purchase requisition will belong to which profile.

Requirements that are to be procured externally (that is, not by the execution system) are identified using two attributes: Purchasing group and material group .

You have defined the combinations of purchasing group and material group that are to be procured via Enterprise Buyer in the maintenance view V_T160EX. Furthermore,

you have entered the profile name (specified in the previous step ) which defines the target system for each combination.

See path in the Plug-In IMG: Integration with other mySAP.com Components u2192 Supplier Relationship Management u2192 Plan-driven Procurement u2192 Control External Procurement.

(Optional setting) If you need more flexible criteria to determine which profile the system is to use for which purchase requisition, you have set up the customer exit BBPK0001.

EBP Settingsu00A7 Replicated material groups, material types as product categories, materials as products, and vendors to the Enterprise Buyer system.

Defined the execution (external) system as a backend system. IMG path: Supplier

Relationship Management u2192 SRM Server 􀃆 Technical Basic Settings 􀃆 Define Backend Systems.

Defined that the product categories of external requirements are transferred to the application Sourcing. (You can specify whether requirements with these product categories are always transferred to the Sourcing application, are only transferred when a source of supply has not yet been assigned, or are never transferred to the Sourcing application). IMG path: Supplier Relationship Management u2192 SRM Server 􀃆 Sourcing 􀃆 Define Sourcing for Product Categories.

We need to pull the plant from r/3 system and mapped in extended attributes.

Settings for the Organizational Structure in the Enterprise Buyer System

You have defined an entry channel for the execution (external) system in the organizational plan. Via the entry channel the Enterprise Buyer system receives the external requirements. This entry channel must have at least one remote user. The entry channel must be maintained below the company level.

You have created an SAP Enterprise Buyer remote user that is linked to the organizational unit for the entry channel.

The user must be an Enterprise Buyer (BBP) user, that is, a user with business partner and central person. A standard R/3 user is not sufficient. You should not assign a particular role to the user but should assign a profile, in the transaction PFCG, that allows the user to log on to the system via RFC.

You must have defined a local purchasing group as responsible for this entry channel. You do this by entering the organizational unit of the entry channel (purchasing group responsible) on the tab card Function of the purchasing group.

You have defined the attribute DP_PROC_TY for this purchasing group.

You have defined the following attributes for the purchasing organization of the responsible purchasing group:

BUK (company code in the execution (external) system). The value should be defined as <logical system of the execution system>/<company code>, for example, QW8CLNT250/1000.

BSA (document type in the execution (external) system). The value should be defined as <logical system of the execution system>/<document type>, for example, A3CCLNT300/ECQ3.

You have defined the attribute CUR (local currency) at the entry channel.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/EN/38/39d03bcf36d137e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

br

muthu

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu....

I have forwarded your reference to my functional...

Willl update here again...

Thanks again.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am closing this thread and thanks Muthu for your help and others. So far no reply from the functional yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you are logging to your account and doing the testing then make sure that your user id in org structure is maintained properly ..i mean your id should be consistent and for your user id in org stuture under "Extended attributes " assign a plant and make one plant as default and test the FM again.

Sameer