cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Trade - Alternative Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

In the transaction code VI78, alternative key is maintained for all countries. I am working for a implementation project in Thailand, 680 alternative key is maintained for thailand. Is this a global key maintained. What would be the impact if we change to another code.

What exactly is the use of this code?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Actually in the legacy system (baan) the country code maintained is 890. The client wants this numbe to be changed. Is there any document saying that the country code is 680 as mentioned in SAP. OR this is sap generated code. Could any one help me in this issue.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on the country that does exports this key can be used, along with country key, to list countries for foreign trade statistics.

I am working on export/import for a US manufacturing, but we never used this key for any reporting or statistical purposes. So it looks more of country specific requirements.

Regards,

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as my knowledge Altern.country key is not a Globally maintained data ..it can be different country to country..

and it is merely an alternative key code for the Country key say IN which is globally maintained(so, we cannot change this instead of we are can use this Alt.key)..for the use of statistical report purpose...

for more info press F1 on Alt.country key...

Reg

JJ