cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduling in MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, one fert req one roh to maufacture. we have mentioned 2 days for fert mat as in-house prod days, 2 days as pland delivery days for roh. after mrp run, how system will schedule the dates? pls explain. we know delivery date in sales order.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yadav,

As per the scheduling parameters given to OPU5 (for plan orders) scheduling takes place in MRP

There are two types of Schedulings

1) basic date scheduling

2) lead time scheduling

basic date scheduling - in initial parameters of MRP if u give scheduling as basic scheduling then system takes the data from material master i.e in-house production time. in this scheduling capacity requirments are not generated

lead time scheduling - in initial parameters of MRP if u give scheduling as lead time scheduling then system takes data from Routing to calculate dates. here cacity requirments are generated.

Coming to dates

if ur maiantaing in-house production time as 2 days for FERT & 2 days as plan delevery time (without GR processing Time)

Then system does backward scheduling as (if u maintain backward scheduling in OPU5)

so total days for FERT to be availble will be 18.07.2009 (starting from today)

Regards

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sirs, Thank u for replies. In my case i have given 2 days for raw mat as planed delivery days. after mrp run, in md04, the raw pr details shows the odere start and finish dates difference as 4 days. i maintained 1 day again i materialmaster and run mrp, this time shows as 2 days. pls note that my s/o qty is for 50 parts. strategy maintained 40 for both finish and raw materials. will it depend on sales order qty? pls advise.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SCHEDULING TOTALLY DEPEND UPON SCHEDULE MARGIN KEY WHAT YOU ARE USING.FOR ANY SCHEDULING YOU HAVE TO CUSTMIZED IN SCHEDULE MARGIN KEY.

former_member978618
Active Participant
0 Kudos

if you dont have both the materials in stock,

lets say you have a sales order delivery date as 15/07/2009, your production for FERT will start on 13/07/2009 and purchase req for ROH will have a delivery date of 13/07/2009 and you should issue a Purchase order to a vendor by 11/07/2009 for the vendor to deliver the material to you. Don't get confused with planned delivery time- it is the minimum time needed for the vendor to react to your purchase order i.e. he needs atleast 2 days for him to deliver the material

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear chandru, for roh material i maintained 2 days as plnd delivery days. as explained by you, roh delivery date is 13/07/09 and start days shows as 9/07/09 (4 days gap). i dont underatsnd how it calculates the dates?

former_member978618
Active Participant
0 Kudos

check your schedule margin key in OMDC tcode.

former_member978618
Active Participant
0 Kudos

and also GR processing time in material master purchasing view

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls note that gr processing time is 0, schedule margin key again 0, opu5 settings are there for detailed scheduling, ticked for scheduling and capacity req. pls advise.

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plesase see my reply below,

Scheduling for Planned Order happens / picks days (Planned Delivery time) which we have mentioned in Material Master

Scheduling for Production Order happens / Picks in two ways

1. through In-house Production Days

2. If In house Production days not mentioned in Material master it will be considering the operation / Activities time which we have mentioned in Routing.

Note: Raj please correct me if am wrong.

Cheers,

Kumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

ONCE YOU KNOW THE DELIVARY DATE FOR THE SALES ORDER . DO ATP CHECK FOR THE SALES ORDER.

BEFORE HAND YOU NEED TO MAINTIANED THE BACKWARD SCHEDULING FOR YOUR ORDER TYPE. IN OPU3

SO WHEN THE SYSTEM DO THE AVAILABILYT CHEK, IF STOCK IS NOT THERE. IT WILL CHECK WHETHER THE PRODUCT CAN BE PRODUCD WITH IN THE DELIVARY DATE.WITH CONSIDE THE (INHOUSE TIME + PLANNED DELIVR +GR PROCSS TIME)

SO AS YOU BACK WARD SCHEDULING. IF YOU MAINTINED THE SCHEDULE MARGIN KEY AS 0,0,0 IN MATERIAL MASTER

THE PLANNED START DATE FOR FERT WILL - 2 DAYS BACK

PR DATE FOR ROW - 4 DAYS BACK.