cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with display of transport logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The transport logs on one of our systems are not displayed from the SAP level. The logs are available in the trans directory with the logged information. Logs for other transport requests on the same day from the same user are displayed but certian logs are not displayed.

I go into import history of a certian system and click on the display log button. In the log overview screen ntothing is displayed.

any suggestions wud be appreciated !

regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check trans and log directory permission and owner.

Stms -> ststems: select the system -> Check -> tp tools, transport directory, connection check what error you received.

Suman

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check that /usr/sap/trans is mounted properly and <sid>adm have enouth rights.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am able to read other logs(same sid) from the same day and same user. So permissions and mount problems are ruled out.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this just a puntual case with one transport log?... what is the error message when you try to retieve the log?... is it readable from OS level?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Date of the log is 12/06/09 - there were many imports on this day and logs for all are available. We are unable to view the logs for around 10 imports. There is no such error message, once u highlight the change request in import history and click on "logs", the next screen has text "log display for <CR number>" and below this nithing is shown. The logs at OS level are readable using the unix "view" command.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you read the logs from the domain controller?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same logs cannot be seen from the domain controller also !

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Weird.. for some reason they might have become corrupted... maybe open an OSS message.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check at OS level e.g. file size, contents and just displaying it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

I have already opened an OSS call. Will post the solution here if i get one from SAP Thank you for your suggestions.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your transport configuration, check whether your system is connected to domain controller etc