cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions to RETROFIT functionality in ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

while trying to configure retrofit some questions come up.

1) Do I have to create a transport request on the retrofit system manually?

2) Is it possible to import the transports for the maintenance and the retrofit system parallel in one project?

3) How can I integrate the retrofit transport to ChaRM to do it not manually via STMS?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesn't answer #1. Is there a way to automate this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

have you found answer to the famous questions number 1#

1) Do I have to create a transport request on the retrofit system manually?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to create a transport request on the retrofit system manually.

After you have done this you can attache the transports from the maintenance system with the retrofit function to the newly created transport.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

what do you mean under manualy?

our situations is following :

we have two systems landscapes that belongs to the one maintenance project (RETRO):

SLM:888->SLM:881 ( implementations system landscape )

SLM:800->SLM:801->SLM:802 -> SLM:888 ( maintenance landscape )

In our case we should use this scenario:

1. we should create this transport through the SDCR -> SDMJ document type (for the SLM:888) due to a fact that that we have one maintenance task list for the two system landscapes (maintenance and implementations) in the same Maintenance project (e.g. RETRO).

2. If the above case 1. is true and we use one maintenance project (e.g. RETRO) for both system landscapes than retrofit changes will be deployed to the implementations landscape (SLM:888->SLM:881) either via separate RETRO task list cycle or we can have new maintenance project along with the existing one ( RETRO) that will maintain changes separately for the implementations system landscape (e.g. SLM:888->SLM:881).

3. If above scenarios are correct for both cases we should have up and running additional CHARM functionality Cross system object lock between SLM:800 abd SLM:888??

Would you be so kind and correct me if I'm wrong

Thanks in advance for your effort

BM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

I am with you. In my opinion this is the way it works.

With manually I meant that the transport request is not created automatically out of your implementation landscape for the retrofit.

Regards,

Alex

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - What were your findings on these questions?