cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My process is configured for Project stock. While creating the sales order I forgot to enter the requirement type. And i created the delivery, billing and excise. Now when i am doing the PGI system is saying as deficit of unrestricted stock.

But I want it to be done from Project stock and not from unrestricted stock.

I can reverse all the docs and change the requirement type. But since material has been dispatched I cannot reverse the excise.

I can create a different order, include these materials and do PGI. But since there are hundreds of orders that is not possible.Also delivery will remain open.

Please help me in this regard urgently.

Also what can be the impact if i do PGI from unrestricted stock.

thanks

SAPshed

Edited by: Sapshed on Jul 15, 2009 9:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all your sales order item category should be marked with special stock indicator Q which i think is missing in your case

If that is marked , then system will not search stocks in unrestricted whie doing PGI

It will look for that project stocks and that is what it should be

There is no need to assign requirement type in your sales order That will automatically flow from your settings of OVZI

what can be the impact if i do PGI from unrestricted stock. then the calling your process as project stock is meaning less if you do PGI from unrestricted

One more thing after your sales order is created then in t code MB1B you have to move the stocks from unrestricted to project stocks using movement type 344 Q referring your sales order number

( this will be a MM job basically )

then only the process will go smooth

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Jul 15, 2009 1:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your inputs.

But now when I can't change anything in the order, how can I do PGI from project stock.

If I do PGI from Unrestricted stock, what can be the impact on business / in system?

thanks

SAPshed

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the sales order is created with its item category not marked with special stock indicator Q no way you can do do PGI from project stocks

you have to reverse the PGI if already done and delete the delivery and reject the sales order wity reason of rejection and close it( no other choice)

Now in VOV7 mark special stock indicator Q and then process your sales order

whenever you make any changes in item cat settings that will not update the already created orders so the previous order needs to be reversed

If I do PGI from Unrestricted stock, what can be the impact on business / in system?

As i said first it will be meaningless calling that is a project process and if you run this complete cycle only you will know what it impacts more I can assure you will be blocked somewhere

This qn needs to be answered from you only

Regards

Raja