cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job failed by error logon of user failed when starting a step.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our ECC6.0 system when I chekced in SM37 the job failed with the error that "logon of user JAGDE1B_LOG in client 200 failed when starting a step".As I have checked for the user 'JAGDE1B_LOG' this user is not locked also validity of the user is also there.User type is Dialog & user group is General Users.

Please let me knwo the way by which I can resolve it.

Regards

Nilesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In our ECC6.0 system when I chekced in SM37 the job failed with the error that "logon of user JAGDE1B_LOG in client 200 failed when starting a step".As I have checked for the user 'JAGDE1B_LOG' this user is not locked also validity of the user is also there.User type is Dialog & user group is General Users

Normally this problem occures when user is locked or not in validity date,but both are fine in your case as you said,if possible check the authorzation have been generated properly for that user or not, try to run that job with other user and see its the problem with only that user

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and uday kumar's response was my solution.

For me, it was the users validity date.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

First check if the user JAGDE1B_LOG does exists in the system client 200 or not. If it is there check if it is locked or its password has been expired.

Usually the user who schedules or creates the job, becomes the logon user for the job and once the id of the user is deleted from the system, the jon terminates with logon error.

You can change the logon user from SM37, enter the job name goto steps of the job, double click on it and change the authentication user to a user which is working and would not be deleted from the system.

Hope this should help you.

Regards

Rahul

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about the authorization of user JAGDE1B_LOG, is this user is authorize to execute the batch job or not, please check.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

User is having auth.object as S_BTCH_ADM with field name BTCADMIN as * value.Please let me know if you want any more info. on this.

Regards

Nilesh.