cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching based on Office Documents Properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I suppose this may not be the first time this question is asked. I tried searching but could not get a good answer. Here goes...

I integrated a Physical Windows Share as a CM Repository

Physical Contents of this Windows Share folder are thousands of Office Documents (doc, ppt, xls - you name it)

Created an Index on the Repository.

Indexing, Crawling went well and are able to conduct a search. No problems !

Question is - how do I integrate the Document Properties to be searched or Index by TREX ?

Example, search for Author = BOB THORNTON.

TREX will then return documens (OFFICE Documents) (from Document Properties, under the Summary tab) in which Author is BOB THORNTON

Ideas, links or even a one-liner comment is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bettina_knauss
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to index and search for the properties of office documents (not the KM properties of KM resources), the so called "dublin core attributes", a special configuration is necessary. A How to Guide about this will be out soon. Please contact me, if you need more information beforehand.

cheers,

Bettina

Message was edited by: Bettina Knauss

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

frank_albrecht
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Actually you need to use taxonomy and classification for search your requirement is based to example based taxonomy or some cases of query based taxonomy.As well use of custom properties in Km repository there are number of ways doing that .Please give search in SDN you will have all required docs to get started.please do not forgetr to give points

with regards

subrato kundu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Subrato. Bettina from SAP hit the bulls eye to my query. We are good with setting up taxonomies and KM properties

Just to recap for our other readers, we have literally thousands and thousands of Office Documents that people have taken pains to insert "document properties"

(the one where you go to Windows explorer -> rightclick on document -> properties -> Summary)

And they would like to search based on those "Office Properties" (not the KM properties)