cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS business packages compatibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Folks,

I have a question regarding ESS/MSS business package compatibility.

We are currently on R/3 4.7 so I loaded 'BPESS46C504_0-20000613' business package for ESS on our portals.

Now I want to load MSS business package; I am not sure which MSS version should be loaded. Should I use MSS 50.4 or MSS 60.1 (both the packages support R/3 4.7). Will there be any compatibility issues?

One of the sdn members has stated that they are compatible, however I have another question. I understand that ESS 50.4 package runs via ITS where as MSS 60.1 is webdynpro based. Given this scenario will there be any problem between their compatibility.

Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For MSS, use the 60.1.5 business package (and the service pack bp as well). 60.1.2 is for mySAP ERP 2004 (ECC 5.0). Make sure to check out the techinical specs for the BP's ...they will tell you all of this. That info is found right on this site in the Portal Content Portfolio.

I know it is confusing...basically...

For ESS, BP's up until 60.x are all ITS based (ie. "old" ESS). With 60.x and higher for ESS, the BP contains "some" of the ESS services re-written/ported to WebDynpros based on the Floorplan framework. This means that you get "some" new ESS services, but you might also need the older BP's for some other services. In that case, you may need internal/external ITS.

For MSS, you have a similar situation. The initial MSS services were all strictly Java based. The services were delivered with pre-compiled JAVA code so customization is VERY difficult depending on which iView you need to change (some expose parameters settings at the iView level for customization). The newer MSS BP's (60.1.2 for example) are much like ESS....some services have been "ported" to WebDynpros but not all are there yet. So again, you might need a "mix" of BP's to get all the functionality you need.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christopher,

Thank you so much for the reply. It surely gives me a pointer.

I imported MSS 60.1.18 BP into portals. When I try to preview the iviews it displays blank. Is there any other configuration I should do?

Please help.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak

Mkae sure the ITS system defined in the portal.

also u can find which system alias is used for the iview

open the mss iview from following location.

content administration->portal content->migrated content->EP 5.0 -> iviews

form here u cna slect one mss iview right click and open properties find the properties for system

here u can find the alias for the ITS system assgin this alias to ur ITS system.

and also make sure the USER mapping for ITS system is done ( u have to use SSO for ESS/MSS )

if u have query revert me back

and also close ur following forum.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to solve the problem. For others who may face the same problem read the following,

I was testing all these iviews from the PCD. I was doing a preview and hence it was blank. Unless you select the user for whom you are trying to pull the data, the iviews will be blank.

Now what I did was, I added the manager role to my user id. Now when I go through the "My Staff" Tab; I get a list of people working for me and I am able to pull their data.