cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Org. field to be made mandatory at the time of raising PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We intend to make purchasing organisation field mandatory at the time of raising PR thru Tcode ME51n.

We have tried it thru customization path SPRO > MM > PURCHASING > PURCHASE REQUISITION > DEFINE SCREEN LAYOUT AT DOCUMENT LEVEL > FIELD SEL. GROUP > ME51N > PURCHASING ORGANISATON ( REQD ENTRY ).

The same field is still optional. Please guide me if there is further customization required so

Regards,

( Rajneesh Gulati )

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

SPRO > MM > PURCHASING > PURCHASE REQUISITION > DEFINE SCREEN LAYOUT AT DOCUMENT LEVEL > FIELD SEL. GROUP > NBB

Click on Details , Double click on Reference data, item check the required entry field against Purchasing organization .

Hope it helps ,

Regards,

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .

Check the document relation that assigned the screen layout for the required doc type:

Regards,

Andra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have done it right after making the purchasing org field mandatory have you assigned the field selection group to your purchasing req document type.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Path is correct as mention by you

We have tried it thru customization path SPRO > MM > PURCHASING > PURCHASE REQUISITION > DEFINE SCREEN LAYOUT AT DOCUMENT LEVEL > FIELD SEL. GROUP > ME51N > PURCHASING ORGANISATON ( REQD ENTRY ).

You have to make it madatory at documnt type aslo for that you need to go to document type check the key for field selectiom group and make it manatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just change the field from optional to required,then retun back to main screen of Screen layout-PR....Then save it..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I have done it reqd entry in customization but still it is not behaving like reqd entry / mandatory at the time of raising PR.

User can still raise PR with out entering purchasing organisation.

Regds,

( Rajneesh Gulati )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

Also look in IMG-> MM->Puchasing->Purchase Requisition->Define Document types, for the specific Document type you using,

there is a specific Field Sel. for this also do repeat the process to make Purchase Organisation field as Reqd. Entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please change the field to Required instead of optional to make it mandatory.

Regards

Bhavesh Mistry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I have done it reqd entry in customization but still it is not behaving like reqd entry / mandatory at the time of raising PR.

User can still raise PR with out entering purchasing organisation.

Regds,

( Rajneesh Gulati )