cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger: 'Source Not Found"

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a simple WebDyn Pro application that works fine on my local J2EE engine, but would like to see the execution of one of my methods in debug mode.

I setup my break points and run the application in debug mode and start executing the program line by line on my local J2EE engine. The first few lines work fine, but then I get a "Source Not Found" error for the <b>Node.class</b>

The full error is message is:

<b>The source attachment does not contain the source for the file Node.class. You can change the source attachment by clicking Change Attached Source Below</b>

Clicking on the "Change Attached Source" button shows the following location variable path:

<b>WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_progmodel.jar</b>

and below that, the full path is shown

<b>C:\Program Files\SAP\JDT\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime\lib\_webdynpro_progmodel.jar

</b>

I have do have the <b>_webdynpro_progmodel.jar</b> file in the above mentioned folder, so why am I getting this error?

Thanks in adavnce,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

You are getting this error because webdynproprogmodel.jar doesn`t contain <i>source</i> file for Node class. To solve this issue you can try to use java decompiler. My preferred one is Jad. There is a eclipse plugin for this decompiler, check http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=jadeclipseplugin&btnG=Google+Search

Best regards, Maksim Rashchysnki.

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maksim,

Thanks. Do you know if this source code can be installed so I would not need to use the debugger?

Thanks,

Stefan

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I have never seen such sources, except when I was involved in fixing bug in WD runtime together with WD team :-).

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops! I meant to say the decompiler

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maksim,

Im wondering if there is a way I can avoid having to go through the node class(and others) when I am debugging.

I would like to only have to go through my own classes and skip the rest. I tried the step filter, but that did not help. I have the following in my filter configurartion

com.ibm.*

com.sap.*

com.sun.*

java.*

javax.*

org.omg.*

sun.*

sunw.*

java.lang.ClassLoader

Thanks again,

Stefan

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Just set breakpoints in your classes and don`t "F5" into methods which are not yours :-). And as far as I remember there is something like "Skip this dialog".

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the help Maksim

Stefan

Answers (0)