cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical mapping for IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can i use the same IDOC (from same SWsame Name Space) in source and target side ?

Iam trying one scenario like that but iam unable to map them at root level or to be precise its the icon withthe description (MAP Selected fieldsand substructures if names are identical ). All other icons near it are also disabled

Why is it so ?

PLease advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Please download Java 1.4.2 and use that.

some icons are disable if you are using Java 1.5 or 1.6

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya,

You can do it. MAP Selected fieldsand substructures if names are identical is disabled on your system because of the JDK version. Install JRE 1.4.2 and it should take care of this. Once when you install this you can see the whole buttons hightlighted there and you can do the map selected fields and substrucutrues.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam trying one scenario like that but iam unable to map them at root level or to be precise its the icon withthe description (MAP Selected fieldsand substructures if names are identical ). All other icons near it are also disabled

-->

This usually happens because of JDK version installed in your machine

Refer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check below settings:

You are in dev environment.

You are in change mode.

You have loaded both source and target message types(IDOCs in your case)

Make sure you have selected both soure and target root node and then you should be able to map all the fields.

Hope this helps.

Divyesh

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can use same IDOC both the sides, one to one mapping can be done.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you selected the root nodes at source and target messages ?

select them and click the button

Map selected field and substructures if names are identical then it will get map

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i did exactly like that,sorry forgot to mention...

but can you tell me if i can use the same IDOC on both sides (same is not in the sense of IDOC name but its from the same SWCV & NS )

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnt see whats the problem you are looking for in using the idocs from same SWC and NS...

Also if both are same ,what is the necessity of using the mapping are you having some udfs for execution in mapping?

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

As specified you need to install 1.4 JDK.

Also if you have multiple JRE's in your system, go to control Panel --> Java

Java Control Panel --> Java (Tab) -> Java Applicaiton runtime Setting.. uncheck the higher versions & check only 1.4.

-SM